Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: New York
Position Code: 1051
The Accounts payable supervisor is verifying, posting and paying vendor invoices. In addition, this role supports the work of the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer entire Accounts Payable function including:
- Reviewing vouchers for proper budget number, division approvals, proof of delivery and receipts
- Supervising and evaluating Accounts Payable Clerk
- Executing semi-monthly check runs
- Executing monthly Accounts Payable closing, running required reports and reconciling
- Accounts Payable to General Ledger
- Preparing analytical reports/filings as required
- Preparation of annual 1099 filings to independent contractors
- Annual Audit schedules for accounts payable and general ledger
- Other analysis and tasks as required in the finance department
Supervise and Evaluate A/P Clerk
- Monitor incoming workload and prioritize
- Monitor scanning to Laser fiche and Intacct
- Monitor/upgrade processing procedures of A/P clerks (including maintenance of job descriptions)
- Monitor pulling of annual audit backup
Required Knowledge, Education, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 5+ years’ experience in accounts payable
- Must be knowledgeable about Federal requirements for 1099 reporting
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with computerized ledger systems, Epicor and Intacct a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.