Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Administrative Assistant, Part Time
Location: Northern New Jersey
Position Code: 583
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create flyers, invitations, region directories, bulletins; send necessary files to mail houses; work with database/software to produce appropriate social marketing promotions and communicationsdentify, develop and implement strategies to nurture and grow Hadassah’s social communities, optimizing each platform
- Work collaboratively with the Administrative Assistant-Programs/Events to create event marketing materials (ads, invitations, etc.)
- Process marketing related invoices and vendor contracts
- Track and update Basecamp, the web-based project management system
- Work in consultation with National on PR best practices and coordinate with Website and Social Media AA to help publicize events online
- Serve as receptionist, greet visitors, answer phones and assist callers
- Maintain files, databases, records, producing reports and records as necessary for director or local presidents (including membership, fundraising, and event attendance lists)
- Prepare correspondence, mailings, nametags
- Process check requests
- Assist with scheduling meetings and calls as needed
- Provide administrative support for meetings, programs and events
- Take minutes at meetings
- Organize, store, procure, and manage inventory and supplies including borrowed materials from National
- Communicate with local unit presidents as needed
- Support volunteer leadership and other staff in office as necessary
- Service and troubleshoot all problems and issues that arise
- Staff events as needed
- BA or 2-3 years equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; database proficiency
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent verbal communications skills and exceptional writing abilities as well as top-notch proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience acting as the administrator of the local website sections/pages as well as social media platforms.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of print production helpful
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher program helpful but not necessary
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.