Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Location: Rockville, MD
Position Code: 8042
The Administrative Assistant, located in the Rockville, MD office, is responsible for providing effective support to Mid-Atlantic volunteers and staff so that Region and Chapter goals are achieved. The AA is responsible for undertaking tasks related to fundraising, membership, programming, communications, and office operations.
- Support Finance Manager with administrative tasks
- Serve as back-up to Mid-Atlantic Assistants in other offices covering work overflow
- Serve as receptionist, greet visitors, answer phones and assist callers
- Maintain files, databases, records, producing reports and records as necessary for director or local presidents (including membership, fundraising, and event attendance lists)
- Prepare correspondence, mailings, nametags
- Assist with scheduling meetings and calls as needed
- Provide administrative support for meetings, programs and events
- Support volunteer leadership and other staff in office as necessary
- Service and troubleshoot all problems and issues that arise
- Organize, store, and manage inventory supplies
- Staff events as needed
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- BA or 2-3 years equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; database proficiency
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized and proactive
- Knowledge of budget management and contract negotiation
- Excellent data management skills
- Experience with managing programming aspects of meetings and events
- Local Volunteer Leadership
- Senior Director, Outreach and Community Engagement
- Finance Manager
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.