Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphan, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Annual Giving Officer (West Coast)
Position Code: 206
As an integral part of the Annual Giving team at Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, Inc., the Annual Giving Officer will join a team responsible for raising approximately $20 million from donors. The Annual Giving Officer identifies, manages, and develops strategic relationships with existing and new donors. This position requires a candidate with strong organizational and communication skills, and an understanding of how to motivate donors. The appropriate candidate should also enjoy working both independently and with volunteer teams. This is a great opportunity for a candidate that is looking to gain the experience necessary to become a Major Gift Officer.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements cultivation and solicitation plans for new annual giving donors on a case-by-case basis using multiple touch points including email, telephone, mail, and serves as a representative at various National, Regional, or Chapter events.
- Manages existing annual giving donors and re-engages lapsed annual giving donors by using appropriate strategies and tools needed to cultivate and upgrade these donors.
- Schedules and coordinates selected Regional/Chapter annual giving events working cooperatively with local Volunteer leadership.
- Identifies and cultivates donors that could be upgraded to higher levels of Giving.
- Creates and delivers annual giving and Hadassah focused presentations at various National, Regional, or Chapter events as appropriate.
- Reports and tracks the progress of the annual giving donors in his/her portfolio.
- Collaborates with Major Gift Officers, other Annual Giving Officers, and Volunteers on areas of solicitation overlap as appropriate.
- 3 to 5 yrs. Development or fundraising experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Event experience highly desirable
- Ability to travel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Interest/Knowledge of Jewish world is highly preferred.
- Prior presentation and negotiation skills are also highly preferred.
If this role is for you, please forward your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please reference HW 206 in the subject line.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.