Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Associate Director, Development Division
Location: New York, NY
Position Code: 8035
The Associate Director of Development reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and is responsible for providing oversight for the day-to-day operations of the Development Division while ensuring the highest standards of excellence in fundraising, donor care, volunteer engagement, and operations. The Associate Director will be responsible for coordinating the work of both staff and volunteers and will demonstrate organizational and operational excellence in leading fundraising initiatives by creating and fostering a positive, creative, and collaborative working environment. This individual must thrive on change and collaboration, consistently inspiring and motivating a multifunctional team of both staff and volunteers. She/he is not only strategic and creative, but also willing to roll up their sleeves on all aspects of the position.
- Provides oversight of divisional operations and assists CDO in overall management and administration of Development Division
- Serve as liaison to Hadassah Offices in Israel’s Development, Donors, and Events Department
- Supervise development departments including Grassroots, Development Operations, and Direct Response, manage department heads and staff leaders in these areas, liaise with volunteer leaders in these areas
- Supervise and assist in developing new and enhanced donor stewardship efforts
- Maintain knowledge of Hadassah gift and recognition policies
- Oversee the codification and documentation of Development Division operating guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Assist with development and monitoring of budget and expenses
- Coordinate collaborative, organization-wide efforts in support of Grassroots fundraising, in partnership with volunteer and staff leaders of PRAZE and Membership & Unit Services divisions
- Bachelor’s degree with five plus years of experience in fundraising, particularly direct response (both digital and traditional), operations, and management
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with database and computer literacy
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment with a significant group of dedicated and experienced volunteers
- Experience working with nonprofit organization budgets
- This position requires independent judgment, decision-making, creativity and analysis of problems, and a high degree of diplomacy and discretion
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.