Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Director, Membership Development
Location: New York, NY
Position Code: 8032
The Director of Membership Development is a creative strategic thinker who has a strong membership and marketing background. The director must be able to create and execute plans to promote membership in Hadassah, a 100-year young Jewish woman’s organization whose mission is to empower women, advocate for healthcare issues, and connect women to Israel, in particular to the work of the Hadassah Medical Organization. Successful candidates will be able to manage several campaigns simultaneously in both print and digital media in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Department, volunteer leadership, and have excellent relationship building skills. Familiarity with fundraising campaigns a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute plans for membership growth and engagement by identifying both short-term and long-term strategies and initiatives.
- Partner with key volunteers and staff to envision new membership models while balancing the needs of long time members.
- Conduct member surveys to assess our current programs, marketing materials, and membership initiatives to make recommendations for new campaigns, member benefits and to deepen current member engagement.
- Strategize content for membership initiatives such as brochures, enrollment forms, website and social media updates.
- Target campaigns to different audiences.
- Supervise marketing manager and program coordinator for the department.
- Work with Director of Membership Operations to manage the membership annual renewal process and collect data.
- Develop a strategy for ongoing engagement of all members.
- Ensure that programs are implemented in accordance with Hadassah’s national priorities and brand standards.
- Ensure department's planning/operations support the organization's larger goals and objectives to establish partnerships and to broaden our base.
II. Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- BA with 5-10 years management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of marketing strategy and complete marketing cycle
- Experience managing lists for email and direct mail communications
- Experience with social media and digital marketing
- Technologically proficient with a solid understanding of and ability to use appropriate software products, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Basecamp, a project management platform, and other data management platforms
- Positive outlook and ability to work will in a team environment.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.