Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Director, Washington Action Office
Location: Washington DC
Position Code: 8016
Reporting directly to the Director of Programming, Advocacy Zionism and Education (PRAZE), this position is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial role that works collaboratively across the organization and requires strong relationship building, strategic-level thinking, effective research, writing, and data analysis skills. The Associate Director’s focus will help further Hadassah’s passion for Israel and our work for women’s health equity spanning research, prevention, access to care and other policy priorities. This role will include interorganizational work as a convener of the Coalition for Women’s Health Equity, representing over 20 national organizations, that support equitable, accessible healthcare.
Internal Policy Development:
- Proactively monitor Congressional activity including hearings, legislation, and political impact on issues of interest to Hadassah.
- Work with internal teams and public affairs firm to identify legislative and regulatory concerns, priorities, and policy trends.
- Research, draft, and prepare materials for the PRAZE Division, for internal Hadassah teams, and external advocacy needs.
- Provide strategic thinking and contribute to strategy development to influence public policy outcomes.
External Relationship Building
- Expand and cultivate relationships with legislators by communicating with and briefing members of Congress, their staff, and agency officials through in-person meetings, written communications, and phone calls.
- Collaborate with legislative partners to draft legislation.
- Represent Hadassah at external stakeholder meetings related to both Zionist and domestic policy.
- Attend meetings and congressional gatherings and serve as a presence on behalf of Hadassah. This also involves creating photo opportunities for senior leadership.
Member Advocacy Engagement
- Support members with advocacy programs, state and local policy efforts.
- Coordinate with Hadassah’s Greater Washington Area Region to support regional advocacy programs.
- Provide event and logistical support for national events and grassroots visits to Washington.
- Build upon a strong network of existing Hadassah local leadership by recruiting and growing our advocacy-focused membership base in the greater DC, Virginia and Maryland area.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Foreign Affairs, law or related field preferred.
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience on Capitol Hill
- Experience with events and logistics a plus.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.