Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Location: New York
Position Code: 8043
Overall Function/Principal Objective or Purpose of the Position:
The Executive Assistant provides principal administrative support. Working independently, with minimal supervision, handles all administrative functions of the Division, ensuring that recurring office procedures are carried out. Using judgment and initiative, determines the approach or action to take in non-routine situations. Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts that cannot or need not be brought to the attention of the Division Director and Coordinator. Prioritizes and sets deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen telephone calls, visitors and incoming correspondence, referring calls and requests for information to appropriate individuals.
- Read and answer correspondence, as needed for the Division Director and Coordinator.
- Draft correspondence for the Division Director and Coordinator in response to requests from incoming mail which requires their attention.
- Prepare and sign routine, non-technical correspondence in own name.
- Maintain Division Director and Coordinator’s calendars, make appointments and arrange for meeting rooms and food. Provide backup materials for all meetings.
- Schedule and arrange for travel needs.
- Assist in management of professional obligations of Division Director and Coordinator.
- Assist with other duties as required by Division Director and Coordinator, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- BA with demonstrated high level administrative experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literacy in varied software packages, particularly Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business practices; proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving ability.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.