Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Location: New York
Position Code: 043
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Works for and Manages calendars for CFO & Treasurer
· Prepares expense reports for the CFO & Treasurer
· Reconciles the monthly Chase cc statement working with other departments requesting backup
· Disperses (via e-mail & sometimes snail mail) the monthly / weekly reports to management
· Handles initial receipt of checks, credit card payments, Israel bonds and other forms of payment, ensuring that they are logged where necessary and forwarded to the appropriate staff person for processing.
· Provides initial organizing of check requests and expense reports for A/P Supervisor; answers questions about form submissions; communicates finance policies and procedures.
· Place documents in vault and enter them into the vault database. Retrieve items from the vault upon request.
· Sort monthly reports in the S:/Pledgemaker/GL subfolders. Distribute hardcopies of reports.
· Take miscellaneous receipts to the bank for deposit. Cash petty cash checks
· Provides support to Manager of Budget and Internal Audits. Coordinates the gathering and distribution of annual financial reports and assists in the preparation of monthly budget reports.
· Provides support for region and chapter treasurers by providing information and answering questions.
· Prepare & Print out annual bank, investment and legal confirmation letters to be sent out by auditors.
· Sign for documents and packages for the department.
· Answer general questions from donors and staff.
· Scan journal entries to Laserfiche
· Backup for AP entry & travel manager
· Sends departmental faxes
· Other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
· BA or 3-5 years equivalent work experience
· Computer proficiency.
· Financial background preferred
· Proficiency with numbers and general finance procedures
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.