Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Finance Manager (Midwest Metro Areas)
Location: Northbrook, IL
Position Code: 8045
Overall Function: Principal Objective or Purpose of the Position
The Finance Manager will join the national team at Hadassah. Hadassah is a 100-year old Jewish women's organization whose mission is to empower women, advocate for healthcare issues, and connect women to Israel, in particular to the work of the Hadassah Medical Organization.
The Finance Manager will provide effective financial management and support to his or her assigned Consolidated Regions which covers an area of several states. He or she will oversee day to day financial processes and procedures related to local donations, events, and general operations. The Finance Manager will report to the Managing Director and will work alongside the local Hadassah volunteer leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the daily accounting operations, including accounts payable and receivable and general ledger, merchant processing.
- Prepare periodic financial reports for local activities.
- Assist in creating event budgets.
- Manage donations received locally to be remitted to National Hadassah.
- Generate and file required IRS and other regulatory forms. Obtain EINs for new units as needed.
- Establish and enforce best practices, policies and procedures for financial accounting information systems.
- Provide training and systems support for other areas as needed.
- Supervise finance assistant position in assigned area.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise, consulting "help" resources as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- BA required, 5+ years of experience
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, QuickBooks Online (must be able to set up accounting in Quickbooks and have a working knowledge in Excel), and Clearview or comparable database software
- Detail-oriented, precise, organized, and proactive
- Ability to work independently and handle concurrent projects and assignments
- General office skills including answering telephone, maintaining files, etc.
- Other skills as needed
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.