Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphan, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Health and Wellness (H&W) Advocate Associate
Position Code: not provided
In partnership with our Health and Wellness manager and our volunteers create H&W programs and all accompanying training materials to be used by our leaders in units throughout the USA. This includes coordinating efforts with other divisions such as Development, Marketing and Communications, and Membership and Unit Services.
- Monitor and maintain records to evaluate the program's success and areas needing improvement.
- Identify health and wellness advocacy opportunities in partnership with our Domestic Policy Associate (and our advocacy firm) to expand our H&W advocacy grassroots opportunities. Create training materials and provide telephone and email support to leaders engaged in health and wellness advocacy efforts.
- Prepare evaluations, capture data, and assess the effectiveness of both our educational and advocacy H&W programs.
- Collaborate with our development team to explore funding opportunities.
- Produce materials for both internal Hadassah communication and external Hadassah readers. External pieces would be done in partnership with Marketing and Communications.
- Work closely with Portfolio Holders in units throughout the USA especially in areas where State advocacy work (Date with the State event) may require additional support since much of what we do at national is federal legislation.
- Assist units in establishing closer relationships with collaborative organizations in their communities to widen our reach in both health education and health advocacy efforts
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be able to multi-task and enjoy working with people
- Organization skills along with excellent writing and verbal skills
- Competent with technology such as word processing, excel and power points
- Familiarity with coalition development
- Bachelors Degree required, MA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in health education and or health advocacy
- Experience working with volunteers and staff in a collaborative environment
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.