Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Managing Director, Super South Hub
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Code: 5800
Overall Function: Principal Objectives or Purpose of the Position
The Managing Director, based in Atlanta, GA, is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Super South Hub (Hub encompasses three regions, Southern, Southeastern, Southern Seaboard Regions across 10 states) in accordance with the National Hadassah policies and direction with the advice and input from the local leadership in the Hub.
The Director is the professional in the Atlanta office that leads the staff and supports the volunteers to carry out and achieve appropriate and achievable membership and fundraising goals for the three regions built upon Hadassah's strategic goals and mission as stated by National Hadassah in collaboration with Super South volunteer leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the efficient day-to-day operations of the Hub; works with Member & Unit Services Division leadership to improve daily operations
- Establishes policies, procedures for effective office management
- Establishes new replicable programs and processes that can used throughout the country
- Establishes annual strategic plans for the operation of the Hub, and determines the region and chapter programs and activities to be supported by the Hub staff
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submits information for budget preparation, schedules expenditures and monitors costs; works with National Finance department to establish and maintain proper internal controls, including banking and group operations
- Works closely with Region Presidents on creating metrics for grassroots giving and evaluating programs and initiatives in annual planning.
- Develops short-term plans, long range goals and fundraising calendar for Super South grassroots fundraising programs.
- Formulates and executes a communications program supporting annual giving. Develops a schedule of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, personal visitation and volunteer engagement, all focused on building a culture of annual giving philanthropy.
- Assists in planning and implementation of major gifts events; manages targeted events designed to enhance prospect/donor awareness of Hadassah's programs and fundraising priorities
- Liaises with the National Major Gift Officer and National's Development Division to identify, steward and assist with gifts over $5000 from donors in the Super South
- Maintains ongoing communication with both National Hadassah staff and local leadership
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- BA degree with 6 - 8 years of management experience; some nonprofit management preferred
- Proven success at recruiting, training and developing professional staff
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Database proficiency
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.