Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphan, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Manager, Office of the National President and Executive Division
Location: New York
Position Code: 143
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible and accountable for effective day-to-day administrative operations of the President and Coordinator's offices, along with overall logistics of the Executive Division. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues.
- Supervise the maintenance of the calendar for National President and Coordinator; schedule travel, conferences, meetings and appointments including arrangements for overseas visits. Coordinate speaking engagements with Membership, Development and our PR representatives.
- Be responsible for following-up on Executive Division meetings (i.e.: scheduling further meetings or appointments, sending written materials). Coordinate meetings and agendas for the Management Committee and for special Executive Committee and National Board calls.
- Prepare correspondence and requests on a daily basis. Review, monitor and sign-off on communications written under President's name and signature by other departments. Facilitate timely review of materials to ensure accuracy and appropriateness. Serve as administrative point person for sending press releases and other major communications to the staff and National Board.
- Supervise daily activities of the Executive Assistant and Administrative Assistant to the Director including oversight of the calendars for the National President and Coordinator, preparation and distribution of material for meetings and conferences (i.e.: reports, agendas, articles), creation and distribution of the President's New Year's card and other major mailings.
- Enhance portfolio process. Analyze volunteer database including skills, interests and amount of available time for volunteers for portfolio assignments. Catalogue, create and organize information and make recommendations for decision making processes. Provide support to the National President and the Coordinator for the President's portfolio assignments to the National Board. Assess needs of the National Board through development of survey and evaluation of survey results.
- Responsible for signing-off on expenses of the Executive Division up to $5,000. Responsible for review approval of expenses made on the Executive, President's and National Board budgets, including volunteer travel and expenses. Draft annual budgets for the Executive Division and Office of the National President. Reconcile monthly AMEX statement for President's business account.
- Provide project oversight for scheduling of different group meetings; assist in organizing and catering National Board and Executive Committee meetings including Mid-Winter and pre-Convention. Ensure that materials and AV needs are met. When needed, travel to meeting to provide project oversight.
- Responsible for registration and follow-up for Hadassah attendees at the Council of Jewish Federations General Assembly and the Jewish Council for Public Affairs plenum and other committees as needed. Process requests for dues and maintain list of organizations the Hadassah is a member of.
- Respond to critical life cycle events of the members of the National Board, Conference of Presidents and Jewish Agencies.
- Work with team of three to manage the organization-wide calendar.
- Responsible for informational responses to calls, emails, etc. on behalf of the Executive Division.
- Assist with other duties as required by President and Coordinator of the Executive Division, as well as the National Secretary, CEO and National Board.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience:
- Education or equivalent experience preferred: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; demonstrated experience in positions providing administrative support in complex organizational settings required.
- Specialized knowledge or preferred skills: Knowledge of database management; strong verbal and written skills required. Ability to work successfully with volunteers. Ability to focus, work and prioritize in a busy, fast-paced environment. Problem solving ability and excellent judgment.
- Supervises the Executive Assistants.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.