Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Administrative Assistant, Nassau County
Location: Rockville Centre
Position Code: 570
Full-time administrative assistant (AA) needed for an active and successful local region office of a large non-profit organization. As the AA, you will work closely with a dedicated and dynamic group of local volunteer leaders and staff in the Nassau Region and across the NY Metro area.
You will be part of a virtual team of staff who work in locations across the NY Metro area. Your role is to collaborate with them to support the needs of all the Regions in the area as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with key volunteer leaders and staff to create materials and coordinate logistics for successful membership, fundraising and/or educational events and meetings
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, forms, etc.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience:
- BA or 2-3 years equivalent experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher in particular)
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant
- Enjoys working with people and within a virtual team environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work Motivated to learn and take on new challenges
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Is patient, level-headed and remains cool under pressure
- Can maintain a high level of confidentiality
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.