Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphan, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time, Nassau County)
Location: Nassau, NY
Position Code: PC 570
The Program/Events administrative assistant is responsible for providing program/event support (logistical implementation) to the Metro Area Regions. The assistant is also responsible for providing effective administrative support to their local Region volunteer leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Metro NYC Area
- Work closely with key volunteer leaders and staff in support of event goals
- Work with local volunteers to ensure follow up and completion of logistical tasks including but not limited to hotel reservations, menus, on-site room check and security needs
- Collaborate with National Hadassah marketing staff to ensure appropriate format and process for registration
- Work with Marketing Assistant to create event marketing materials (ads, invitations, etc.)
- Process purchase orders, invoices and check requests
- Confirm venues; troubleshoot with venue contacts as needed
- Potentially staff other Regions' events as needed
Local (Nassau) Office
- Serve as receptionist, greet visitors, answer phones and assist callers
- Maintain files, databases, records, producing reports and records as necessary for director or local presidents (including membership, fundraising, and event attendance lists)
- Prepare correspondence, mailings, nametags
- Process check requests
- Assist with scheduling meetings and calls as needed
- Provide administrative support for meetings, programs and events
- Take minutes at meetings
- Organize, store, procure, and manage inventory and supplies including borrowed materials from National
- Communicate with local unit presidents as needed
- Support volunteer leadership and other staff in office as necessary
- Service and troubleshoot all problems and issues that arise
- Staff events as needed
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience:
- BA or 2-3 years equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; database proficiency.
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized and proactive
- Knowledge of budget management and contract negotiation
- Excellent data management skills
- Experience with managing programming aspects of meetings and events
- Must be able to travel
THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME, 28 HOURS A WEEK LOCATED IN ROCKVILLE CENTER, NASSAU COUNTY NY
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.