Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphan, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time, Nassau County)
Location: Rockville Centre
Position Code: 570
Part-time Administrative Assistant (AA) needed for an active and successful local regional office of a large non-profit organization. As the AA, you will work closely with a dedicated and dynamic group of local volunteer leaders in Nassau and across the NY Metro area. You will be part of a virtual team of staff that sit in locations across the NY Metro area. Your role is to collaborate with them to support the needs of all the Regions in the area.
About the Role:
• Work with key volunteer leaders and staff at the Nassau Region office to create materials and coordinate logistics for successful membership, fundraising and/or educational events and board meetings
• Work as part of a virtual team in support of other Regions' activities
• Provide general administrative support with answering phones, preparing correspondence, maintaining files and other related duties
• Participate in meetings, conference calls, and training
The person for this job:
• Is motivated to learn and take on new challenges.
• Enjoys working with people.
• Communicates clearly and effectively in writing and on the phone.
• Pays attention to detail and is confident in making suggestions.
• Is a problem-solver: searches for solutions.
• Is patient, level-headed and remains cool under pressure.
• Can maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience:
• BA or 2-3 years equivalent experience
• Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Publisher and PowerPoint helpful
For consideration, please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference HW570 in the subject line.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.