Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphan, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Location: Washington DC
Position Code: PC 8016
The Policy Associate will:
- Drive Hadassah's policy priorities (both Zionist and domestic) by representing the organization in meetings and events with elected officials and peer organizations in Washington DC.
- Expand existing network of Hadassah local leadership to recruit and grow an advocacy-focused membership base in the greater DC, Virginia and Maryland area.
About the Role:
- Proactively monitor Congressional activity: including not limited to hearings, legislation, and political impact on issues of interest to Hadassah.
- Represent and attend stakeholder meetings and congressional gatherings and serve as a presence on behalf of Hadassah.
- Collaborate with PRAZE staff, volunteers, and public affairs firm to identify legislative and regulatory concerns, priorities, and policy trends.
- Provide strategic thinking and contribute to strategy development to influence public policy outcomes.
- Advocate for Hadassah's policy priorities by communicating with and briefing members of Congress, their staff, and agency officials through in-person meetings, written communications, and phone calls.
- Research, draft, and prepare materials for the PRAZE Division, for internal Hadassah teams, and external advocacy needs.
- Support Hadassah units with advocacy programs and state and local policy efforts.
- Coordinate with the Hadassah's Greater Washington Area Region to support regional advocacy programs and help recruit and engage local membership base interested in advocacy.
- Provide event and logistical support for national events and grassroots visits to Washington.
What we are looking for:
• B.S. or B.A. degree with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
• Capitol Hill experience; knowledge of the DC advocacy space; government organization and operation, and public policy imperatives are highly preferred.
• Ability to develop and engage congressional and administration staffers; external stakeholders, and peer organizations.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, with high energy, comfortable building relationships independently self-discipline and strong organizational skills.
• Must be a self-starter; able to work independently and handle administrative responsibilities with minimal support.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and integrate with multiple stakeholders, including members, organization staff and government representatives.
• A demonstrated interest in, and passion for, issues of gender equity and/or issues of health equity. Background and interest in Israel affairs.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with events and logistics a plus.
For consideration, forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference HW 8016 in the Subject Line.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.