Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Position Code: 8040
The Project Manager provides project supervisory coordination, management, and administrative support for Hadassah Mid-Atlantic. The project manager is responsible for coordinating program engagements and performing related administrative assignments, working collaboratively with volunteers and staff to facilitate programming and logistics.
Hadassah Mid-Atlantic encompasses four Regions: Greater Baltimore; Greater Philadelphia; Greater Washington, and Southern New Jersey.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Community Outreach & Engagement, and key volunteer leaders to define event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans as they relate to programming and logistics.
- Help to plan and promote collaborative events and programs taking place across the four Regions to increase the visibility and promote a positive image of Hadassah in the community.
- In consultation with local event chairs and local volunteer leaders, coordinate all aspects of organizing events, including interacting with vendors, researching costs, reviewing quotes, contract negotiations with hotels, menus, onsite room check, and security needs, securing speakers/ entertainment, etc.
- Ensure that budgets are submitted to the Mid-Atlantic Finance Manager for all programs and events that require an exchange of funds and make certain that budgets and deadlines are adhered to.
- Contact meeting venues to confirm arrangements; troubleshoot and solve problems with venues. Delegate to support team as needed.
- Review purchase orders, invoices, check requests and other budget matters.
- In consultation with the Mid-Atlantic Marketing Specialist, coordinate the preparation of the marketing materials for programs and events, such as: invitations, flyers, and bulletin ads, social media updates etc. In addition, oversee design and functioning of online registration pages.
- Make on-site inspection trips to properties to ascertain suitability as needed.
- Staff events as needed.
- Train volunteers on best practices for programming and event planning.
- Advise Marketing Specialist on upcoming PR opportunities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Education, or Experience:
- BA; 3-5 years project management experience
- Program and event coordination experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration
- Skilled at problem analysis and assessment
- Detail-oriented, precise, organized, and proactive
- Ability to multi-task, and work independently
- Senior Manager, Community Outreach & Engagement, Mid-Atlantic
- Managing Director, Mid-Atlantic
- Marketing Specialist, Mid-Atlantic
- Volunteer leadership
- National staff
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.