Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Senior Grants Manager
Location: New York
Position Code: 475
Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations in the Development Division, the SGM plays an important role in strategic fundraising, donor stewardship, and customer relations management. The SGM will take initiative and engage with donors at the individual and institutional levels to build and diversify our fundraising base through preparation of proposals, letters of intent, concept notes, and other relevant materials to accompany funding requests. The SGM will manage a multi-million grant portfolio that includes Hadassah’s Hospitals in Israel, clinical research on a range of medical conditions, our Youth Aliyah school network, and Bridges to Peace programming. S/he will be a dynamic development professional who can cover the full range of proposal preparation from conceptualization to writing, budgeting, and final submission. S/he will also perform duties to ensure the department’s accountability to maintain and monitor accurate and comprehensive files, contact history and other vital information in relationship and other modules on donors and prospects.
- Develop grant proposals with the senior development team for submission to foundations, government agencies and other institutional donors, as well as major individual donors.
- Relationship building and network development with institutional and individual donors.
- Work on strategic fundraising campaigns including clinical research, capital development, and hospital operations.
- Conduct prospect research on institutional donors and individual donors.
- Work closely with senior staff in the Communications & Marketing department to develop public relations materials.
- Manage, respond to and track research and development requests using our customer relations management (CRM) database and other on-line resources from Hadassah Office in Israel (HOI), Major Gift Officers (MGOs), volunteer leadership and staff regarding prospective individual, foundation and corporate donor prospects.
- Assist in stewardship of private and corporate foundations and corporate sponsorship opportunities, including acknowledgement of recent gifts and/or sponsorships.
- Conduct research on prospective giving opportunities for use by Hadassah national program office staff and staff in the field.
- Source information to develop grant budgets and other materials for submission to donors.
- Steward major donors including the preparation of grant reports to foundations, government agencies and other institutional or individual donors;
- Conduct business intelligence including data analysis using our CRM database.
- Generate dashboards and monthly internal reports using our CRM database.
- Map new corporate solicitations and sponsorships annually.
- Work with the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and Director of Endowments and Special Gifts to create annual development plans, fundraising goals, and develop and implement strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred;
- 5-10 years relevant experience in working with nonprofit fundraising;
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising;
- Strong research and data management skills;
- Exceptional grant writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent research skills, including knowledge of Web-based tools
- Knowledge of and interest in one or more of the following areas is a plus: healthcare, medical research, youth development, and human services.
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and with a multidisciplinary staff of professionals;
- Familiarity with fundraising and CRM software;
- Excellent Outlook, Word and Excel skills.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan.
Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.