Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Senior Office Manager
Location: New York
Position Code: 151
The Senior Manager of the Executive Division coordinates the operations of the division and reports to the Executive Director/CEO of the organization. The individual is responsible for the management of the organization’s support for: The National Assembly/National Board; Office of the Past Presidents; Office of the National Secretary; Hadassah Magazine; Missions; Building Hadassah Community (BHC); Convention and; Hadassah Medical Organization. The Senior Manager of the Executive Division will serve as liaison to the National HMO Chair and will also work closely with the Division’s Coordinator (and/or Vice Coordinator as appropriate).
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager of the Executive Division include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the Executive Division’s administrative staff;
- Organize workflow and ensure that the National President, Executive Director/CEO, National Secretary, and Coordinator are well prepared for meetings, conferences and other priorities;
- Represent the division at organizational meetings such as the Priority Realization Committee (PRC) and other committees as appropriate;
- Collect critical and required information necessary for efficient decision making of the division;
- Ensure that the staff of the Executive Division is held accountable for deliverables assigned by the National President, Executive Director/CEO, the National Secretary and the Division Coordinator (and/or Vice Coordinator as appropriate), Portfolio Council Officer and National HMO Chair;
- Prepare and assemble all division reports for organizational purposes (e.g. annual plan, mid-year and end-of-year reports);
- Works closely with Chairs of Missions and Building Hadassah Communities
- At least 5-7 years of successful equivalent or relative management experience in a complex organizational environment;
- Excellent attention to detail and responsiveness;
- Nimble self-starter; able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, re-prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of multiple priorities or unexpected situations with a high level of discretion;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the intellectual and emotional depth, maturity and collaborative team-driven nature to partner effectively across the entire organization;
- A strong work ethic, ability to maintain and model high personal, ethical and professional standards, as well as an outgoing and positive personality; a sense of humor and perspective;
- Diplomatic problem-solver;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong drive and self-motivation; a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done;
- Demonstrated discretion, confidentiality, transparency and integrity are key personal traits;
- A commitment to the mission and goals of the organization; specifically, to the nature of volunteer engagement, participation and leadership;
- Open to feedback and continuous learning;
- Familiarity with American Jewish community structures and institutions, and knowledge of Israel and its institutions;
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.