Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Social Media Manager
Location: New York
The Social Media Manager is a powerful communicator who works to advance Hadassah’s mission as a key member of the Marketing and Communications team focused on social media. This strategic professional will drive our social media campaigns, produce daily posts for Hadassah’s social platforms, recalibrate strategies based on analytics and evolving tools, work with key staff to identify and implement dynamic campaigns, and manage the organization’s social media calendar.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researches, plans and executes dynamic multimedia social campaigns (organic and paid), relying heavily on analytics and evolving nonprofit best practices and benchmarks in collaboration with key staff, under the supervision of an associate director.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to nurture and grow Hadassah’s social communities, optimizing each platform.
- Crafts compelling narratives across different channels with a strong understanding of how to match the message to the medium.
- Produce, publish and share all daily social content (original copy, images, graphics, and social video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages targeted audiences to take action.
- Train national staff and leaders and create and maintain digital guidelines, tip sheets and online groups.
- Support Marketing & Communications Dept as needed with proofreading, research, writing and editing.
- Track performance and results of campaigns and initiatives to ensure performance and department goals are being met.
- Must be a strong community manager, engaging and responding to followers while brainstorming new ways to encourage social conversations.
- Must have a passion and tireless energy for social media with detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience around all social platforms.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a strong understanding of audience, framing, messaging and branding.
- Minimum three years of experience in social media marketing management, either at a nonprofit, digital agency or news organization.
- Track record of strategic thinking in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Basic design skills who can apply analytics and nonprofit best practices into effective social campaigns, optimize.
- Passion for digital media, storytelling, and community engagement.
- Experience utilizing community management tools (such as Sprout Social) and listening tools (such as TweetDeck).
- Knowledge of design applications such as Photoshop along with apps that assist in content creation and editing such as Canva.
- Proficient in Facebook Business Manager and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience creating optimized video for social either using editing software such as Adobe Premiere or social video editing apps.
- A strong communicator and collaborator with meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a flexible, all-hands-on-deck attitude.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.