Be part of something to be proud of...
Founded in 1912, Hadassah, is the nation’s largest women’s and Zionist membership organization, whose members are motivated and inspired to strengthen their partnership with Israel, ensure Jewish continuity, and realize their potential as a dynamic force in American society. From building hospitals and schools in Israel, to rescuing war orphans, to fighting for women’s rights and women’s health issues, Hadassah has enriched the lives of people all over the world.
Social Media Specialist
Location: New York
Position Code: 460
Increase Hadassah’s visibility and engagement on social media channels by crafting and implementing creative strategies and multimedia posts to engage new and existing audiences online and to expand awareness of Hadassah’s multi‐pronged efforts in the US and Israel.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement creative ideas, content, and multimedia campaigns for online engagement around our programs, campaigns, fundraising, key events, and relevant news
- Identify, grow, and nurture Hadassah communities through Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms in concert with the organization's communications goals, and strategies
- Conceive and present ideas for bringing Hadassah to new communities using digital marketing
- Develop and implement strategies to engage in online communities /conversations beyond Hadassah that raise Hadassah’s profile, and build our presence externally
- Foster engagement by being responsive, providing updates, and setting up Q&A sessions
- Create and manage social media calendar
- Support department as needed with proofreading, research, writing, and editing
- Analyze key metrics (reach, engagement, etc.) and competitive landscape to create weekly highlights, and recommendations for improved performance
- Create and maintain social media guidelines, best practices, and presentations for local Hadassah units/webinars
- Create an active space for us on LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms based on content and specific target audiences
- Stay up‐to‐date on trends in social media for nonprofits and the public sector – including nonprofit fundraising on social platforms
- Stay current on news pertaining to Hadassah’s main priorities, and initiatives
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Passion for digital media, storytelling, and community engagement
- Track record of strategic thinking, and successful social media planning
- Creative and pragmatic with a proven ability to handle competing priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Understand metrics and social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) including the ability to analyze performance, and translate analytics and industry best practices into practical steps for improved performance
- Minimum two years of experience managing digital communities or social media, either at a nonprofit, digital agency or news organization
- A total of at least 3 years working in social media with daily writing
- Proven ability to handle competing priorities of multiple stakeholders in a fast‐paced environment
**You must include a cover letter, resume, and writing sample**
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan. Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Position Code in the subject line.
Hadassah will only contact qualified applicants for each job opportunity.