Leaders of Tomorrow Award
Leaders of Tomorrow is a highly selective merit-based award where the winners are exposed to the rich culture and history of Israel and the Jewish people. They have opportunities to hone their leadership skills, meet with VIPs, and give back in meaningful ways. Our leaders share their impressions and observations as they experience Israel by writing, blogging and speaking about their incredible journey. They receive both local and national recognition for this highly prestigious award.
New Leaders of Tomorrow Award Winners Announced
Program Timeframe: July 2017
Learn more about the Leaders of Tomorrow Award below.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Seeking female applicants, entering their junior or senior year of high school in the fall of 2017, who are residents of the United States.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and solid academics.
- The award recipient must be willing to commit to the full duration of the program in Israel.
- Award recipient must become a Hadassah life member upon acceptance of award (if not already one).
- Award recipient will be expected to share impressions and experiences from trip during and after the program through various forums (e.g., blog, video, community and National Hadassah meeting).
- Award recipient is responsible for ensuring that she has an up-to-date passport.
- Participation in a prior Young Judaea program is not necessary.
Application Submission and Review Process
- A fully completed application package must be submitted by Thursday, January 21, 2017 to be considered for this award.
- The following application package pieces should be submitted as follows:
- Online Leaders of Tomorrow application
- 2014-2015 High School Transcript *
- Two Recommendation Letters * - one from an academic teacher and another from a mentor—no relatives please
*Please send transcript and recommendation letters by email to Alex Corona or via fax at 212-303-8282, attention Alex Corona.
- Please include your full name and email on each piece of the application package when it is submitted.
- Candidates will be notified the beginning of March letting them know if they are semi-finalists in the selection process. A phone or skype interview will be set up with each semi-finalist.
- Final decision notifications will be e-mailed.
If you have any questions, please contact Alex Corona at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-451-6268.