Leaders of Tomorrow Award
The Leaders of Tomorrow Award is a highly selective, merit-based award that exposes its winners to the rich culture and history of Israel and the Jewish people. They have opportunities to hone their leadership skills, meet with VIPs, and give back in meaningful ways. Our leaders share their impressions and observations as they experience Israel by writing, blogging and speaking about their incredible journey. They receive both local and national recognition for this highly prestigious award.
Applications for the 2019 Leaders of Tomorrow Award are now being accepted
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
Decision Notification: End of March 2019
Program Timeframe: July 2019
Eligibility and Criteria
- Seeking female applicants, currently in their sophomore or junior year of high school, who are residents of the United States.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and solid academics.
- The award recipient must be willing to commit to the full duration of the program in Israel. June 30-July 31, 2019.
- Award recipient must become a Hadassah life member upon acceptance of award (if not already one).
- Award recipient will be expected to share impressions and experiences from trip during and after the program through various forums (e.g., blog, video, community and National Hadassah meeting).
- Award recipient is responsible for ensuring that she has an up-to-date passport.
- Participation in a prior Young Judaea program is not necessary.
Application Submission and Review Process
- Only applicants who submit a fully completed application package by Friday, February 15, 2019 will be considered for this award.
- The following application package pieces should be submitted as follows:
- Online Leaders of Tomorrow application
- 2017–2018 High School Transcript *
- Two Recommendation Letters * – one from an academic teacher and another from a mentor -- no relatives please
**Please send transcript and recommendation letters by email to
email@example.com or via fax to 212-303-8282, attention Crystal Stubbs.
- Please include your full name and email on each piece of the application package.
- Semi-finalists will be notified in early March. A phone or Skype interview will be set up with each semi-finalist.
- Final decision notifications will be e-mailed.