Youth Aliyah Art Contest
Youth Aliyah needs new certificates and shells, and we’d love for Hadassah Members and Associates to help us by designing new ones.
Calling All Artists!
Would you like your artwork to be seen around the world?
How to enter:
- Create an original piece of artwork in one of the following mediums: paint, drawing or photography that focuses on color, cheer, youthfulness, nature and either Judaism or Israeli culture (the “Artwork”).
- The Artwork must be submitted in either a square shape that is 6 inches wide by 6 inches high or in a rectangular shape that is 8.125 inches wide by 6 inches high. The square shaped entries will be judged as Artwork to be used as decorative certificates for donors as an acknowledgement of their gifts to Youth Aliyah (“Donor Certificates”) and the rectangular shaped entries will be judged as Artwork to be used as invitations to Youth Aliyah events (“Invitation Shells”).
- Limit of one entry per person per category: Donor Certificates and Invitation Shells.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to the following email address: email@example.com, along with the applicable completed and signed official entry form, attached to these rules by September 20, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST.
- All entries must be submitted as either a PDF or JPEG file.
- Entries must not be in the public domain, must be appropriate for publication (i.e. not obscene or offensive) and must not infringe or violate any law or the legal or equitable right of any person or entity, nor include any brand name, trademark or logo of any entity or contain material that infringes or violates any personal property rights of others or that constitutes defamation, invasion of privacy, or infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third person, or is otherwise unlawful.
Hadassah Youth Aliyah 2019 Art Contest Official Rules
UPON SUBMISSION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL RULES
The following Official Rules apply to the Youth Aliyah Art contest (the"Contest") sponsored by Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc. The purpose of this Contest is to support Youth Aliyah's programs and showcase Hadassah members' and/or Associates' artwork on Youth Aliyah donor certificates and Youth Aliyah donor shells.
The Contest is open to all Hadassah members and Hadassah Associates who reside in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, except where prohibited by law. Board members and employees of Hadassah, The Women’s Zionist Organization of America, Inc. or Hadassah Medical Relief Association, Inc. are ineligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
- Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc., located at 40 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005.
- As used in these Official Rules, the term "Hadassah" includes Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc., Hadassah Medical Relief Association, Inc. and each of its affiliates, related entities, predecessors, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, members, agents, representatives and their successors and assigns.
HOW TO ENTER
- Create an original piece of art that focuses on color, cheer, youthfulness, nature, and Judaism or Israeli culture in one of the following art forms: paint, watercolor, photography, illustration, sketch, or design in one of
or both of the following two (2) forms: (1) a square shape for a donor certificate (the "Donor Certificate
Submission"), and/or (2) a rectangular shape for a donor shell (the "Donor Shell Submission" and together with the Donor Certificate Submission, the"Submissions"). The Submissions must be submitted in either a JPEG or PDF file format.
- The Submissions must include a completed Entry Form attached hereto as Exhibit A with your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and indicate whether your submission(s) is a Donor Certificate Submission or a Donor Shell Submission or both.
- Submit your entries online at any time between Saturday, June 15, 2019 and Sunday, September 15, 2019 via email to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Youth Aliyah Art Contest 2019".
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 15, 2019.
- Each Donor Certificate Submission and each Donor Shell Submission must be original, not in the public domain, must be appropriate for publication or circulation (i.e. not obscene or offensive) and must not infringe or violate any law or the legal or equitable right of any person or entity, nor contain material that infringes or violates any personal property rights of others or that constitutes defamation, invasion of privacy, and infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third person, or is otherwise unlawful.
- You must sign the Assignment Agreement and Release attached hereto as Exhibit B and submit the signed copy with your Entry Form, and Donor Certificate Submission and/or Donor Shell Submission. Upon submission, entrant agrees to assign all rights to the Donor Certificate Submission and/or Donor Shell Submission to Hadassah (including copyright and any and all other right, title and interest therein) and to permit Hadassah and its designees to edit such submissions and to use and distribute the submissions, in any and all current or future
media, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to you or any third party. Materials submitted in connection with the Contest will not be returned.
- Hadassah reserves the right to use the winner's name, entry, hometown and biographical information in connection with the Contest, including any advertising or promotional materials relating to the Contest, without
further notification, permission, or compensation to the winner, except where prohibited by law.
- Limit of one (1) Donor Certificate Submission and one (1) Donor Shell Submission per person.
- Hadassah reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or who submits a Donor Certificate Submission and/or Donor Shell Submission that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be obscene, indecent or offensive in any way.
- Each winner will be publicized on Hadassah's social media and have his or her name credited on his or her winning Donor Certificate Submission or Donor Shell Submission, which will be reproduced and used as a donor certificate or a donor shell for donors to Youth Aliyah.
- All entries will be reviewed anonymously by Hadassah-appointed judges.
- For the Donor Certificate Submission category, the judges will select up to four (4) winning entries in order from 1st place through 4th place.
- For the Donor Shell Submission category, the judges will select up to two (2) winning entries in order from 1st place to 2nd place.
- The decisions will be based upon the following equally weighted criteria:
1) originality, 2) aptness to theme, and 3) inspiration.
- In the event of a tie with respect to determining any place winner, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the third judging criterion.
- If the Contest is cancelled, a winner will be selected from the entries submitted by the cancellation date.
- The judges' decision is final and binding.
The selected winners will be notified by email at or around 5:00 PM EST on November 1, 2019 A selected potential winner must execute a Release Agreement within five days of the notification attempt and return the signed copy to email@example.com. A selected potential winner will not be an official winner until the Release Agreement has been returned to Hadassah. After each selected potential winner has executed a Release Agreement and has become an official winner each official winner’s Region President or the Associates’ President will be notified by email of the name of the official winner in their region or group. The names of the official winners will be publicized by Hadassah.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- The submission of materials to Hadassah is solely the responsibility of the entrant. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of materials. Hadassah is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, damaged, deleted or lost entries.
- Hadassah is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software, program or server failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections or any other difficulties that are human or technical in nature.
- Hadassah is not responsible for entries that are processed late or incorrectly or those that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error or for those entries that for any reason are not received by Hadassah prior to the stated deadline.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hadassah, its related entities and affiliates and each of their respective directors, officers, members, volunteers, agents, employees, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all damages (including death and physical injury), costs, expenses (including attorneys' fees), causes of action, suits, claims, demands, penalties, judgments, liability and loss, of any kind whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the Contest and/or the use, misuse or nonuse of the prize awarded.
- In no event shall Hadassah be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages.
- Hadassah may terminate the Contest at any time and without notice.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Hadassah in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and enforceable in accordance with and shall be subject to the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict or choice of law provisions. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these rules shall be instituted only in a state or federal court located within the City of New York.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
USE OF INFORMATION