A Year at Hadassah Medical Organization
During 2013, nearly one million patients of all ages turned to Hadassah’s two campuses of healing, at Ein Kerem and Mount Scopus, for diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care.
- Hadassah handled a total of 406,044 hospitalization days;
- 10,971 babies were born in its delivery rooms
- 650,736 ambulatory care visits took place
- 4,318,652 laboratory tests were performed
- 137,142 patients arrived at Hadassah’s emergency rooms for help.
- 487 research articles by Hadassah physicians were published
- 231 scientific grants were awarded to Hadassah researchers
- Hadassah received 14.5 research grants from the prestigious Israel Scientific Foundation. All other hospitals across Israel combined received a total of 16 grants.
At the same time, Hadassah trained the next generation of Israeli physicians, scientists, dentists, nurses, and occupational therapists, as well as health professionals from many countries around the world, who chose to further their training at Hadassah.