Join the push for heart health with Every Bite Counts: Hadassah's Nutrition Program, bringing innovative recipes, practical tips, and heart healthy cooking.
Visit the Every Bite Counts homepage ›
Every Beat Counts:
Hadassah’s Heart Health Program®
Did you know? Heart disease and stroke kill one woman every 80 seconds and 90% of women have at least one risk factor. Help us get the word out to women like you.
Join thousands of women nationwide committed to promoting heart disease awareness through Every Beat Counts: Hadassah’s Heart Health Program®.
Heart Disease. Get the Facts.
- Heart disease and stroke are the cause of 1/3 of all women’s deaths.
- BUT - only 1 in 5 women think heart disease is our biggest health threat.
- A woman is 10 times more likely to die of a heart attack than breast cancer
82% of heart disease is preventable.
Prevention begins with YOU!
- Empower Yourself. Be an Advocate. Take Action.
- Learn more about risk factors and warning signs
- Use Hadassah tools and resources to help you live a heart healthy life.
HMO: Major Breakthroughs
- 2010 — 1st for Israel, 5th time in the world: twins delivered to mother with heart transplant
- 2012 — The Linda Joy Pollin Cardiovascular Wellness Institute in Jerusalem is dedicated by Irene Pollin to promote heart health in women