Every Beat Counts: Hadassah’s Heart Health Program™
Here’s an alarming reality: 500,000 women in the US die of heart disease every year—double the number of deaths from all types of cancer. Help us get the word out to women like you about heart disease.
Join thousands of women nationwide committed to promoting heart disease awareness through Every Beat Counts: Hadassah’s Heart Health Program™.
Heart Disease. Get the Facts.
- 42% of women who have heart attacks die within one year (vs. 24% for men)
- 1 in 3 women over age 20 has some form of cardiovascular disease
- A woman is 10 times more likely to die of a heart attack than breast cancer
82% of heart disease is preventable. Prevention begins with YOU!
- Empower Yourself. Be an Advocate. Take Action.
- Learn more about risk factors and warning signs
- Use Hadassah tools and resources to help you live a heart healthy life.
HMO: Medical Firsts
- 1964 — 1st hospital in Israel to perform Double Bypass surgery
- 1986 — 1st successful heart transplant in Israel
- 2009 — The Cathlab team at the HMO's Heart Institute performs the first trans-catheter implantations of aortic valves (TAVI)
- 2013 — 1st in Israel multidisciplinary facility to treat pediatric vascular defects
HMO: Major Breakthroughs
- 2010 — 1st for Israel, 5th time in the world: twins delivered to mother with heart transplant
- 2012 — The Linda Joy Pollin Cardiovascular Wellness Institute in Jerusalem is dedicated by Irene Pollin to promote heart health in women
From Around the Web
Hadassah makes no representations and/or warranties, and does not endorse any of the speakers participating in this program, or any medical advice contained in this program and its applicability to particular persons. Hadassah shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury sustained by any one as a result of any information distributed during this program. We encourage all persons to consult with their own healthcare professionals prior to embarking on, or modifying any course of treatment.