Congress is back in session, and your voice matters more now than ever!
SIT IN on a Day in the District. It only takes an hour or two to nurture a valuable relationship with your federal legislators. With so many important pieces of legislation in the works, legislators are taking meetings in their local communities even though the February recess is over. Call or email PRAZE to let your leaders know you’re interested in a Day in the District (email@example.com).
SPEAK OUT on issues that are important to you through our National Action Center or during a Day in the District:
- The STOP (Students, Teachers, and Officers Preventing) School Violence Act of 2018 would reauthorize grants to states for school violence prevention.
- The Fair Employment Protection Act would expand protections for workers who face sexual harassment and assault.
- Iran’s continued threats against Israel are unacceptable. Urge your legislators to demand strict monitoring of Iran, and thank them for passing the Iran Sanctions Extension Act.
- Tell your legislator that with growing anti-Semitism worldwide, the US needs to play a stronger role in combating acts of hate and prejudice. Urge them to call on the White House to fill the position of Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism.
STUDY UP on our most recent policy statements:
- Crucial gun legislation to protect children and communities.
- The need for an unwavering US-Israel relationship
- Stricter monitoring of Iran’s growing regional threat in the Middle East, particularly in Syria.
UN Commission on the Status of Women: EventsHadassah is hosting an event as part of the UN Commission on the Status of Women, focused on empowering rural women through education, training and health care. Wednesday, March 14 at 4:30 pm at the Armenian Center, 630 Second Ave, Guild Hall.
In celebration of International Women's Day, the UN Commission on the Status of Women is holding a rally to highlight the contributions of women. Dag Hammarskjold Plaza. Friday, March 16 at noon.
RSVP is not required. Both events are free. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us May 15-17 at Hadassah's Health and Advocacy Conference! Early Bird registration rate of $575 expires March 16th Register Today!
JOIN HADASSAH AT AIPAC: If you'll be attending the AIPAC Policy Conference, please join us for a special event: Hadassah Forum: Israel and the 21st Century, March 5, 12:45pm-2:00pm featuring Dr. Michael Makovsky, President and CEO of JINSA If you're attending the AIPAC Policy Conference and would like to join the Hadassah Forum at AIPAC, register at aipac.org. Questions? email@example.com.
Spread the word. Please share this email or share our advocacy posts on Facebook. Hadassah Advocacy Updates provide Hadassah members, Associates, and supporters with information about our Zionist and domestic policy work on a consistent basis. These messages include background information, policy overviews, opportunities for action, or a combination of updates. Hadassah has a proud legacy of advocacy and, as a charitable organization classified under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is strictly non-partisan and is prohibited from any direct or indirect support of, or opposition to, political parties and candidates for public office.