Includes Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Las Vegas (Nevada), El Paso (Texas), and New Mexico
- Boulder ›
- Colorado Springs ›
- Denver ›
- Devorah ›
- El Paso ›
- Greater Salt Lake ›
- Hadassah Greater Albuquerque ›
- Hadassah Southern Arizona ›
- Hadassah Southern Nevada ›
- Hadassah Valley Of The Sun ›
- L.E.A.(Littleton, Englewood, Aurora) ›
- Las Cruces ›
- Los Alamos ›
- Montana ›
- Northern Colorado ›
- Santa Fe ›
- Shalom ›
- Tikvah-West Valley ›
- Wyoming Statewide ›
Important dates for 2018
Desert-Mountain Region 2018 Dates
- Friday nights & Saturdays ~ no Hadassah work permitted except Shabbat services and other Shabbat related programs
- January 22 - 24 ~ National Assembly Meeting Los Angeles, CA
- February 23 - 24 ~ Hadassah Shabbat Zachor
- February 28 - March 1 ~ Purim, not a yomtov, Hadassah work permitted
- March 17 - 19 ~ DMR Symposium & Board Meeting ~Albuquerque, NM
- March 30 - April 1 ~ Pesach, first days, no Hadassah work permitted
- April 2 - 5 ~ Interim days of Pesach – work permitted, all food must be Kosher for Passover
- April 6 - 7 ~ Pesach, last days, no Hadassah work permitted
- May 15 - 17 ~ National Women’s Health & Advocacy Conference ~ Washington, DC
- May 19 - 21 ~ Shavuot, no Hadassah work permitted
- July 21 - 22 ~ Tish’a B’Av , no Hadassah work permitted
- August 25 - 27 ~ DMR Board Meeting ~ Denver, CO
- September 9 - 11 ~ Rosh Hashanah, no Hadassah work permitted
- September 18 - 19 ~ Yom Kippur, no Hadassah work permitted
- September 23 - 25 ~ Sukkot, no Hadassah work permitted unless a meal/service in a sukkah
- September 25 - 30 ~ Sukkot Chol ha-Moed (in between days) – work permitted
- September 30 – October 2 ~ Shmini Atzeret & Simchat Torah, no Hadassah work permitted
- December 15 - 17 ~ DMR Annual Conference ~ Phoenix, AZ
- December 2 - 10 ~ Chanukah, work permitted
*NOTE: Dalight Savings Time goes into effect Sunday, March 11, 2018 Ends Sunday, November 4, 2018
This will only cause confusion for those living in, calling, or traveling to Arizona!
From our President
Desert Mountain Region Members
I am happy to be sending you information about our upcoming Region Conference in December, in Phoenix. As many of you know, or have seen on Facebook, I have just returned from almost two weeks in Israel, as part of the Milestone Mission. Kacy Spivack, Ellen Burke, Alyshia Klein and I were honored to be representing our Region on the Mission. We look forward to sharing what we saw and did in Israel with all of you.
I am so pleased to let you know that our National President, Ellen Hershkin, will be joining us at our Conference, and will be doing the Installation of our Officers for next year at the Luncheon on Sunday.
Enclosed is all the information you need to register for the Conference. If you are a Chapter President and you are not continuing next year, I hope you will reach out to your incoming President and ask her to attend the Conference with you. Also, please encourage any new Board members to come.
Please note from the enclosed flyer: you MUST book your hotel rooms by November 14. After that, you will not receive the Hadassah rate. If that happens, you will only be reimbursed for the Hadassah rate.
Southwest has been having really good prices on fares lately. Please book early, to get a good price.
The Region will reimburse your flight, up to $300, unless you get preapproval from me, and one-half of the second night of the hotel. Please do not book your return flights too early. Because we are having Installation of Officers, we will have a Post-Conference Board Meeting, so we probably won’t finish the Meeting before 3PM.
I will send out more information as soon as everything is firmed up. I missed seeing you all in August, so I look forward to seeing you in December.
Warm regards to you all,
Sign-up for our Emails:
Good and Welfare
Condolences to: Rochelle Edelman on the loss of her father, Sol Mayer. June Mayer, past Treasurer of our Region on the passing of her husband, Sol Mayer. Karen Skolnik of the Presidium of Hadassah Southern Arizona on the passing of her husband Howard. Wishing a complete and speedy recovery to Barbara Raben, our Desert Mountain Region President.
December Conference Registration Information
Hadassah Desert-Mountain December Conference December 15 – 17, 2018 The hotel rooms are $129 per night, double occupancy, with a full breakfast included. Hotel rooms MUST be reserved by November 14, 2018, to guarantee the Hadassah rate. Registration for the Conference is $100 for the full Conference, which includes Installation Luncheon on Sunday, dinner on Sunday, and lunch on Monday. For local members, there is a rate of $75, which includes the Installation Luncheon and dinner on Sunday. There will be no registration at the door. You must pre-register for the Conference.
Region to purchase a Road to Healing Tile
Would you like to join the Desert Mountain Board in purchasing a Road to Healing Tile for the new 360 Degrees of Healing Campaign? Here is your opportunity. We only need $211 to get to the $1,800 we need to have the Region purchase a Road to Healing Tile in the Round Building at Hadassah Hospital at Ein Kerem. Each person who donates will receive cumulative giving credit plus their Chapter will receive credit towards their 360 Degrees of Healing Full Circle Campaign goal. Any donation, big or small, would be appreciated. Please fill out the attached form and email it Cathy. Do not fill out the inscription information, since the tile will be from the Region.
Area VP/Advisor Denver Greater Salt Lake
Area VP/Advisor Montana
Dafna Michaelson Jenet
Area VP/Advisor Greater Albuquerque, Southern Arizona
Area VP/Advisor Southern Nevada, Los Alamos, Santa Fe
Area VP/Advisor HVOS Colorado Springs, Boulder
Area VP/Advisor N. Colorado, Wyoming
Area VP/Advisor Devorah, Shalom, Tikvah West Valley
Area VP/Advisor El Paso, Las Cruces, L.E.A.
Leadership Council: Immediate Past President/Nominating Chair
Portfolio Chair Coordinator
Communications Portfolio Chair
Development Portfolio Chair
Membership Portfolio Chair
PRAZE Portfolio Chair