To All Women
Whether or not you are new to Madison Hadassah:
Welcome to a wonderful, vibrant community of Jewish women!
Suffragettes and social justice leaders founded a century after Madison Hadassah; we are still a community of progressive-minded Jewish women. We are daughters, mothers, grandmothers, single and married, gay and straight.
We include fulltime volunteers, nurses, doctors, social workers, psychologists, teachers, professors, judges, lawyers, gardeners, exercise instructors, hikers, politicians, and more.
Madison Hadassah -a way for Jewish women to come together
Hadassah has always provided a base for Jewish women to come together… to build community.
Madison Hadassah’s Activities
And just as National Hadassah has evolved to meet the changing needs of the new century, Madison Hadassah’s focus is moving forward. Today, some of Madison Hadassah’s current activities and interests fall under National Hadassah’s 3 general goals:
Women Who Heal
· We are educating women on the different healthcare needs of women such as heart health and breast cancer. We also provide opportunities for women to exercise together.
· In Israel & the world – We support Hadassah medical research & healthcare as well as the education and emergency services that Hadassah provides to third world countries around the world
Women Who Advocate
· We are fighting against Human Trafficking in Madison and throughout the country.
· We are advocating for gender equality in medical research in the US & Israel
Women for Israel - Supporting Hadassah as a Bridge to Peace
· We are educating our community about how Hadassah’s research, healthcare and medical education serve as a bridge to peace throughout the Middle East.
· We support Hadassah’s many health, education and social justice services including the Hadassah College and Hadassah Youth Villages
Please consider how you can make Madison Hadassah part of your life. Our chapter offers opportunities for women with any kind of schedule to connect with the larger community of Jewish women in Madison. Likewise, we offer many opportunities for you to debate ideas and advocate for causes that matter to you.
From Corliss Karasov
Madison Hadassah President