Aunt Joan's Lace Cookie Recipe
from Debra Kohn
1 cup of Quaker Oats
1 scant cup sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bar (1/2 cup) of butter (or margarine) - I use margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. Melt butter and mix all ingredients together,
4. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
5. Place 1/2 teaspoon for each cookie with 3 to a row (they spread).
6. Cook for 7 + minutes or until golden. I like mine well done
7. When cool remove from sheet. They just peel off easily. Do not try to remove while hot. Reuse foil for next batch. Recipe can be doubled or tripled easily.