These filled pastries start with a package of frozen puff pastry dough. You can fill
them with anything from cheese to apples to potatoes or mushroom etc. You can
make them on the spur of the moment if you keep a package of dough in your
This is my cheese recipe:
4 oz cream cheese
2 oz Feta cheese
2 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese (You can use Parmesan cheese or any
cheese that you like.)
1 egg, separated
10 squares (a package) of frozen puff pastry dough
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove the pastry from the freezer. Separate the sheets and lay them on a sheet pan to defrost.
3. Mix the cheeses with the egg white
4. Put a teaspoon of the mixture in the center o f each square.
5. Moisten the edges of the pastry. Fold in half to make a triangle, and close tightly.
6. Glaze the borekas by brushing them with the beaten egg yoke.
7. Bake at a 350 degree oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
Betayavon! (bon appetite)