Managing Director, Hadassah Northeast (HNE)
Managing Director, Hadassah Northeast---National position
Hadassah seeks a dynamic, creative individual to help plan events and manage the office for Hadassah Northeast (HNE), located in Needham, Mass. HNE, comprised of five Hadassah Northeast units, is designed to increase the visibility of Hadassah in the area, provide administrative assistance to local units, and encourage coalition building and outreach that will further Hadassah’s mission and goals.
Hadassah is well known for its strong, hands-on volunteer leadership. Working closely with lay leadership, the director provides the necessary staff support, guidance, and resources that enable Hadassah volunteers to achieve their short and long-term goals.
The director will be responsible for the following:
• Providing creative input and expertise for HNE events and activities aimed at increasing support for and knowledge about Hadassah in the local area
• Managing the office and staff to ensure that the needs of region, chapter and group volunteers in local units are met
• Working with local teams to support fundraising strategies and to assist in planning and implementing fundraising events
• Developing and managing the HNE budget, ensuring fiscal responsibility and accountability
• Representing HNE in the greater HNE community to ensure increased visibility and encourage coalition building
• Developing an annual plan, in cooperation with HNE volunteers
• Assisting in developing and implementing marketing and publicity campaigns
Requirements include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years senior-level experience in non-profit management, community development, and volunteer services required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Proven experience as a self-starter and motivator, successfully meeting and exceeding organizational goals
• Excellent interpersonal, team-building, communication and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated expertise in outreach, programming and event planning
• Working knowledge of budgeting and finance
• Willingness to travel and work weekend, evening hours when required for HNE events
• Knowledge of social networking and marketing
Forward résumés and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Please reference JC 526 in the subject line.