Metro Los Angeles Director
Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc., is seeking a Metro Los Angeles Director to assist Hadassah Southern California (HSC) volunteer leadership in managing member services, fundraising, and programming. Working closely with the President, this individual will oversee the efficient day-to-day operations of the Metro Unit. The Director will lead and support the volunteers to implement plans and achieve appropriate goals for the Southern California Metro Unit, based on National Hadassah’s strategic goals and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop marketing and community relations strategies.
• Develop plans for securing donor gifts from major donors, foundations and corporations
• Improve fundraising potential and steward current donors
• Work closely with major gift associates and volunteers to help HSC meet its goals
• Advise Unit leadership in planning and evaluation of meetings, events and Unit strategy
• Manage targeted events designed to enhance prospect/donor awareness of Hadassah’s programs and fundraising priorities
• Maintain ongoing communication with Hadassah Southern California Executive Director
• Cultivate potential leaders and support current leaders
• Promote new member outreach and engagement
• Connect weekly with major donors
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with 6 – 8 years of management and professional fundraising experience
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Database use
• Available to work some weekends and evenings
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal/presentation, and written communication skills
• Knowledge of national and Southern California funding trends
Forward resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference JC 608 in the subject line.