Communications Coordinator (Part-Time, 25 hrs/wk)
Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of American, Inc., is seeking a Communications Coordinator who will oversee all aspects of Hadassah Chicago-North Shore Chapter’s marketing and communications needs with both our members as well as the public. The Communications Coordinator will work with staff and leadership to ensure that Hadassah Chicago-North Shore Chapter is perceived as a dynamic and vigorous presence within identified constituencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, monitor and maintain ongoing communications programs such as bulletins, newsletters, invitations, flyers and other marketing collateral to support the chapter’s programs, events and activities.
- Establish and manage social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter and others with the goal of creating a seamless communications presence, both internally and externally for the chapter.
- Manage and regularly update chapter website to showcase chapter programs, events and activities. Ensure that website links with social media and vice versa.
- Create, update and manage weekly Eblast to membership.
- Support and train other staff on communications technologies as necessary.
- Develop opportunities for media exposure for the chapter, including press releases, advertising and coverage of events.
- Increase print media exposure for chapter and groups, including community calendars, Jewish press, local online Patch, etc.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
- BA in Marketing/Communications or related field.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Broad knowledge of relevant software, network management and social networking processes, including MS Office, Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., social media proficiency, and emerging technologies.
- Strong organization skills required to manage multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, solid interpersonal skills.
Forward resumes and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Please reference JC 599 in the subject line.