|North Shore Groups Hold Meetings and Mitzvah Days|
North Shore Chapter, Chicago, IL
- Wilmette Hadassah held its Chanukkah Celebration/ Mitzvah Day on Wednesday, December 19 at Beth Hillel Congregation Bnai Emunah in Wilmette. Charles Troy presented the remarkable story of "Chicago". As part of a Mitzvah project, members brought canned foods, paper products and toys for the Ark, which works with families in the surrounding communities.
- Buffalo Grove Hadassah's Chanukah Party/ Mitzvah Day was held on Monday, December 17 at Temple Chai in Long Grove. The members were entertained by Richard Gersten, well known tenor / pianist with a diverse repertoire. A pot luck luncheon was served.
- Chai Hadassah Mitzvah Day was held on Friday, November 30 at the Jewish Children's Bureau in Northbrook. The Chai members participated in the sorting of age appropriate Chanukah presents which were given to children in families in the community. This outreach program is part of the Chai Hadassah projects for giving back to its neighbors.
- Chaverot Hadassah held a Menorah Lighting for Chanukah on Monday, December 10 at the Arboretum Club in Buffalo Grove. The members enjoyed a delicious dinner, played the dreidel game and had a good time listening to entertainment. A donation of unwrapped toys was collected to be given to families in the community.
- Morton Grove held their last meeting of 2012 on Wednesday, December 19 at a luncheon at Chateau Ritz. This Chanukah meeting featured Hy Speck, lecturer and docent who presented a visual program about the life of the talented entertainer Sammy Davis Jr. The proceeds benefitted stem cell research at Hadassah Hospital.
- Glencoe/ Northbrook/ Winnetka Hadassah celebrated the holiday season on Thursday, December 6 at the North Shore office in Northbrook. Charlotte Glass Loeb led a discussion and show slides of her visit with the "Jews of
Send us news from your region, chapter or group!
Each month we will bring you news of the events and programs of the local chapters and groups throughout the country. Share your success stories and facts in the areas of fundraising, education, membership and advocacy and help spark new ideas for others. Be sure to identify participants when you send photos. For more information contact Bobbi Kraft firstname.lastname@example.org.