November 19, 2012
I landed in Israel yesterday afternoon. I have met with Professor Ehud Kokia, Director General of Hadassah Medical Organization, and have been apprised of the impact of the potential situation in our hospitals.
- The Israeli government has placed Hadassah HMO on alert to be ready for an influx of causalities if the fighting escalates
- As a tertiary care hospital, HMO is prepared to receive the wounded air lifted directly from the battlefield or those wounded in rocket attacks
- Security around the Mt. Scopus hospital must be increased
- Forty (40) members of the HMO staff, including thirty (30) physicians, have already be called up to serve in their IDF units; more staff and physicians are expected to be called
HMO needs our support to provide the additional financial resources required to be ready when it is called on to take care of our soldiers and civilians.
In addition, our Youth Aliyah Villages are:
- Housing children from Southern Israel who have been moved for their safety, utilizing unfinished dormitories to accommodate the influx of youngsters
- Feeding and providing support to displaced children and families
Youth Aliyah needs our support to provide additional food, clothing and shelter for those who have been moved out of harm's way.
Our Young Judeans have been moved to alternate locations in Jerusalem for safety.
Young Judaea needs our support to keep our children in Israel today in as safe an environment as possible.
Hadassah members help Israel through Hadassah.
Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, has established the Hadassah Readiness Fund to support our work during this crisis situation.
Israel needs us. Hadassah needs us.
Help Hadassah Help Israel Now by donating to the Hadassah Readiness Fund.
Marcie E. Natan
Date: 11/19/2012 12:00:00 AM