Welcome to the Suffolk Region!
We hope that this site will help educate and inspire you about Hadassah locally and nationally. We are a small region, with 8 chapters and over 3200 strong! We volunteer our time and sponsor meaningful events for our members. Please take a peek around at the chapters and see what they are doing. Consider joining so that you may also enjoy our events, educate yourself on Hadassah or just be part of an amazing organization which for the last 100 years, has made huge strides in medicine, medical research and education.
Please make us one of your “favorites” so you can be kept up to date on what’s happening in our region! If you are not already a member, please join us! Call 631-499-3999 and we can get you in contact with the right chapter for you. Join and make a difference….. we did!
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.