Welcome to the Suffolk Region!
We hope that this site will help educate and inspire you about Hadassah locally and nationally. We are a small region, with 8 chapters and over 3200 strong! We volunteer our time and sponsor meaningful events for our members. Please take a peek around at the chapters and see what they are doing. Consider joining so that you may also enjoy our events, educate yourself on Hadassah or just be part of an amazing organization which for the last 100 years, has made huge strides in medicine, medical research and education.
Please make us one of your “favorites” so you can be kept up to date on what’s happening in our region! If you are not already a member, please join us! Call 631-499-3999 and we can get you in contact with the right chapter for you. Join and make a difference….. we did!
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.