Home > Home
Support Richmond Hadassah and celebrate the High Holidays! For only $45, Coleman Brothers Florist will deliver a lovely fall arrangement to loved ones locally, and out of town for $60. All arrangements will be delivered on September 24 for Rosh Hashanah and October 3 for Yom Kippur. It also makes a lovely hostess gift for friends. The money raised supports many Hadassah programs in Israel including its efforts in pace-setting health, education and youth institutions. Place your order by September 8, 2014!
To order, please make your check for $45 or $60 per arrangement payable to Richmond Hadassah and send it with the attached form to Carolyn Perlman, 12808 Fox Meadow Drive, Richmond-23233. For details, call Carolyn at (804) 360-3604, or (804) 399-6669.
or visit the "Our Events" page If you are interested in gifting a recent graduate of a Virginia college or university a FREE lifetime membership, click here to see the wonderful gift Richmond Hadassah member Emily Sterling is providing. And if you'd like to volunteer with our award winning Check It Out project, click here for more information.
Special Opportunity to become a Founder for the Tower! By pledging $25,000 by December 31, 2014 you can become a Founder for the Tower. You may be closer than you think through cumulative giving: If you have already made donations through Keepers, Yahrzeit donations etc., you now can upgrade to a higher level through cumulative giving! If you think you are close, contact Sally (email@example.com) or Lee (JL61167@aol.com) for more information.
Did you read this month's Reflector? Not only were Richmond Hadassah's activities featured in July's Reflector (see page 5), but an article on page 14 illustrates the great work Hadassah undertakes in Israel. Check it out here!
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!