The 2011-12 Executive Board welcomes the Shabbat at the 2011 Region Conference
A Texas-sized Welcome to the Greater Southwest Region! GSW covers a huge territory spanning three states, but our hearts are close because together we all make Hadassah and our projects a priority in our lives. Our Web Site makes Hadassah more accessible with 'up to the minute' information for all members and we hope for interested prospective members. So keep checking back and keep sending your news to share. Please get excited and get active - it's the new face of Hadassah, stepping into the Information Age. Let us adapt to new communication forms. Come on in -- the Web is fine!
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.