Home > Why Hadassah - Medical Excellence
Why Hadassah - Medical Excellence
- Hadassah has set the standard of medical care in Israel and throughout the Middle East.
- The Hadassah Medical Organization (HMO), the cornerstone of Hadassah's work in medicine and in health, is host to two world-renowned tertiary hospital facilities. Its specialized multi-disciplinary care attracts patients from Israel and around the world.
- For a century, the HMO in Jerusalem has been providing outstanding cutting-edge and compassionate health care regardless of race, religion or ethnicity. This pace-setting medical center earned a nomination for the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Over 50% of hospital research in Israel is conducted at Hadassah. The HMO has published 475 research papers--over twice as many as all of the other hospitals in Israel combined.
- Hadassah's technology transfer arm, Hadasit, has gained global recognition for successfully commercializing novel biomedical therapeutics, diagnostics and medical devices generated by Hadassah's physicians and scientists.
- Hadassah is a world leader in pioneering stem cell research. It has produced evidence that stem cells can decrease symptoms of Parkinson's disease in rats, has developed therapy for patients with MS and ALS, and has been able to reverse age-related macular degeneration that causes blindness in people over 50. Its doctors have discovered 12 gene mutations responsible for debilitating diseases.