Central States Region Home Page > Message from the President > Chapter Presidents > Hadassah Project Info
Hadassah Project Info
Top Ten Facts about Youth Aliyah
2. We are partners with the Jewish Agency for Israel in support of the budget of Hadassah Neurim. We also support special projects at all three villages.
3. Ramat Hadassah Szold has an extraordinary zoological program plus therapeutic horseback riding, the Pet Project, and a girl-empowering Jewish studies program called Eishet Hayil-Joy for Judaism. Students can graduate with a certificate in animal husbandry which starts them on their way to success. The Charlotte Jacobson High School has now graduated three classes with increasing triumph.
6. Four years ago, none of our students even attempted to pass the state achievement tests (Bagrut exams). Today between 35% and 90% of our students are talking and passing these tests (percentages vary depending on the village). This achievement allows them easier access to the IDF and future job opportunities.
18 reasons why you should be proud of Hadassah College Jerusalem (HCJ)
Young Judaea facts
Young Judaea, the American Zionist youth movement, is based on five pillars that sustain and inspire the movement: Zionism, Jewish identity, social action, pluralism and peer leadership. Young Judaea is a movement and a community. All Young Judaea’s activities reflect this philosophy.
1. Young Judaea inculcates Jewish pride and strengthens Jewish identity through its experiential programs. Its members learn that to be a Jew and a lover of Israel is a proud and wonderful thing. Young Judaea has had 100 years of experience in Jewish and Zionist education.
2. Young Judaeans effect change in society through social action. Tikkum olam, repairing the world is vital to Young Judaea’s agenda. Young Judaea teaches the value of volunteerism with hands on activities in America and Israel. Young Judaea teaches how diaspora Jewry can contribute to Israel.
3. Young Judaea models openness and respect for others through tolerance. Secular and orthodox can meet, find common ground, respect tradition and be friends.
4. Young Judaea camps provide a 24/7 experience of Jewish life so that Jewish values, Judaism and Zionism become second nature to the campers.
5. Young Judaea prepares the next generation to be role models for the future by empowering its members to trust their ideas and to think creatively.
Members learn leadership and communications skills.
6. Young Judaea covers the range of ages from 7 – 35: junior camp, Tel Yehudah, summer in Israel, Year Course in Israel, WUJS Israel Hadassah and Amirim.
Mercaz Hamagshimim is a home away from home for new and potential olim where participants can explore Israeli culture and daily living.
7. Young Judaea’s Summer in Israel programs reach out to veterans of the movement as well as unaffiliated Jewish youngsters, building a powerful connection to Israel as youngsters experience Israel with their own eyes, ears, feet and souls.
8. Young Judaea’s Year Course, its gap year program, has academics, touring, volunteer activity and nine months in Israel of fun and friendships. It is housed in Beit Ar-El, a fabulous oasis in the trendy Jerusalem neighborhood of Baka.
9. Young Judaea’s Taglit-birthright Israel 10 day trips add the flavor of Hadassah and Young Judaea to the standard birthright curriculum and encourage more birthright participants to “Get back to Israel.”
10. Young Judaea makes a concerted effort to make the aliyah process and acclimatization to Israel smooth. The Mercaz serves as a community center. Young Judaea’s Amirim program allows a ‘trial period’ for those considering aliyah.
HADASSAH MEDICAL ORGANIZATION HIGHLIGHTS