Welcome to the Florida Atlantic Region Website!
Look how we've grown!
So, who are you?
We are sure to have a chapter that is perfect for you! Let us get to know each other, NOW.
Click here for a downloadable APP to check out all the convention happenings LIVE!
July 28, 2014
ANNOUNCING THE CHARTERING of B'not Hadassah (Daughters of Hadassah)
This is a Young Working Women's Chapter in Boca Raton. B'not Hadassah had its first installation and chartering on
May 7, 2014 @ Woodfield Hunt Clubhouse
Please call the Region Office at 561-498-1012 if interested in joining!
We hope our website will provide a better opportunity to communicate with you and with each other. Within these web pages, you will discover a wide array of Florida Atlantic Region events and programs, as well as National initiatives and chapter happenings. We want to hear from you. Send us your ideas, comments, articles, questions and suggestions.
Do not forget to fill in your e-mail address on our "JOIN NOW" link (See top of
Click here for the April, 2014 FAR & Near E-Bulletin.
MEET FLORIDA'S NEW REGIONAL PLANNED GIVING OFFICER
We are happy to introduce Joanne Wilson to all Florida Regions. She will be working with Lisa Moore. Her specialty is wills and bequests. Please welcome her to your chapters.
Joan Baron, President
Florida Atlantic Region, Chapter Presidents are invited to meet Joanne Wilson, Regional Planned Giving Officer, at our offices at 5341 West Atlantic Avenue, #305. We are scheduling two opportunities for you to meet Joanne and for her to meet you. Please let us know if you will be attending on or on
Joanne will be working to help secure Hadassah's pipeline of legacy and other planned gifts in Florida. As you can well imagine, Hadassah's largest pool of planned giving AND LEGACY prospects is in Florida. She is looking forward to having the opportunity to talk to you about how you and she can work together to PROMOTE PLANNED GIVING AND LEGACY GIFTS.
JOANNE IS WORKING WITH LISA MOORE, OUR DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, WHO MANY OF YOU KNOW, AND LISA WILL JOIN JOANNE AT THESE SESSIONS TO SPEAK ABOUT OTHER MAJOR GIVING OPPORTUNITIES.
Joanne is a seasoned planned giving professional, having worked most recently as a development officer for Memorial Sloan-Kettering in Palm Beach County. She has also worked for American Friends of Magen David Adom, the Palm Beach Community College Foundation, the American Technion Society and the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County. She has a very strong connection to Israel, having lived there during and after college.
Joanne and her husband live in Delray Beach.
Please RSVP to the Region office at 561-498-1012 if you would like to attend one of the two sessions.
THE TA-TAs ARE COMING!
CLICK HERE for our fabulous video trailer.
BOOK AND AUTHOR FOR SEPTEMBER SOLD OUT!
Our Mini Book & Author will be held on Tuesday, September 2, 2014. We will be privileged to hear from:
Dr. Robert Watson, Renowned Professor and Author, and Ben Frank, Author of Klara's Journey (His book is available now for sale in the Region office.)
FOLLOW YOUR HEART:
Purchase the newest piece of jewelry from National Hadassah, a beautiful Open Heart on a silver chain.
If you cannot open the link to your e-bulletin at the top of this page, you may not have Adobe Reader installed. For a downloadable version of Adobe Reader,
Print bulletins will be sent or given only to those without access to a computer. Please let your members know. They can call the Region office to get a printed copy.
Please feel free to print your own copy, in whole or in part and pass it on to your Vice-Presidents and chairs. The next issue of FAR Horizons will be sent to all members with current e-mail addresses. REMEMBER: You must click the link to open it.
OUR MOST RECENT REPORT SAYS THAT ONLY A FRACTION OF MORE THAN 7000 RECIPIENTS ARE ACTUALLY OPENING THE BULLETIN. IT IS SAFE AND PRIVATE. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK. It is the only way you will get Region information to disseminate to your members.
If you do not receive your e-bulletin, please send your correct
THE WINNING ALL-OCCASION CARD FROM THE REGION ART COMPETITION
Call 561-498-1012 or come by to get some for your chapter.
May 27, 2014
Read the most updated information on the HMO settlement by clicking on www.hadassah.org.
WOULD YOU BELIEVE?
THANKS TO YOU, WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL, PLUS SOME!
OUR PLEDGE OF $250,000 TO FULLY EQUIP A SURGICAL ICU UNIT AT THE SARAH WETSMAN DAVIDSON TOWER HOSPITAL HAS BEEN FULFILLED. AND THE ADDITIONAL MONEY WE RAISED HAS BEEN SENT TO EQUIP A PATIENT ROOM!
In October, 2012, 116 Florida Atlantic Region Hadassah members and Associates were there for the Tower's dedication ceremony during the National Convention and Centennial Celebration in Jerusalem. We rode in the elevators you paid for, we read with pride the plaque on the donor wall proclaiming our gift to the hospital of a fully equipped and furnished room in the Surgical ICU unit.
To watch footage of the Gala Dedication, click here: www.hadassah.org/livestream.
OUR NEW PROJECT IS BREAST CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT.
SAVE THE DATE OF OCTOBER 26, 2014 FOR THE TA-TA'S LUNCHEON. And check out our pages and our e-bulletin for other ways in which you can help FAR reach its goal for this project.
GET WELL SOON
Have you got a friend who's under the weather? A family member who needs a good laugh? Send them a "Get Well Soon!" video. It will brighten your day, too.
The video stars medical personnel from Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem.
Are you on Facebook? It's time to update to the 21st Century!
Go on to facebook at www.facebook/hadassah.com
Click here for the link to our facebook page.
History Comes Alive Before Our Eyes: Henrietta Szold, 1946 Film
Take action now to ensure women's equality in Israel
As the largest women's Zionist organization in the United States, Hadassah has always had the greatest respect for all streams of Judaism and we have been among the leading supporters of a pluralistic Israel since its founding. This discrimination must stop. Read our statement, and please sign our petition.
This is your opportunity to be counted!
WHAT IS HADASSAH?
CHECK OUT ALL THE NEWEST NEWS IN CHAPTER CHATTER.
Purchase the newest piece of jewelry from National Hadassah, a beautiful Open Heart on a silver chain. Call the Region office at 561-498-1012 to purchase.
SEE BELOW FOR OUR LATEST E-BULLETIN ¯
Make a Tax -Smart IRA Gift
If you are 70½ or older, you can make a difference today by transferring up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to Hadassah without recognizing those funds as income for federal tax purposes.
The IRA charitable rollover is only available until the end of 2013, so act now!
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.