Welcome to the Great Plains Region
encompassing chapters and groups in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin and Iowa.
New Articles on Israel.
Read this Grant Application as a Word Document
Read this Grant Application as a PDF Documen
More information on the Region Grant Page
Pictures from Israel: At the Keeper of the Gate recognition pillars at the hospital.
Judy Eglash and husband Norb
Grant Application available now- please view it here
The National Hadassah Convention in Baltimore
At banquet, Great Plains Region Delegates
l. to r. Evie Levine, Beth Mayer, St. Louis; Kim Gollin, Wichita;
and Rita Shapiro, Region President
Mark your calendars for the March 29thmeeting in Skokie at the Double Tree hotel.
Great Plains Region Hadassah
April 2013: Pictures from the regional Board Meeting here
Hadassah College student cited for her design - More here
Trees in Holyland Family Park will Preserve Memory of Children and Staff in Newtown, CT
The Hadassah family opened its heart to remember the victims of the recent Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy. Donations poured in- enough to plant 11 groves of trees.
National President Marcie Natan plants the first of thousands of trees donated to keep alive the memory of the murdered children and staff of Newtown, CT in the Hadassah Forest of the Beersheva River Park.
"The roots of this mulberry tree will hold the desert soil, produce fruit, and give shade to the families recently under fire who will enjoy the park. Trees are a Biblical symbol of life, and the saplings donated will bloom, grove after grove, in the memory of the children and the staff in Newtown," Natan said.
Marcie Natan and Barbara Goldstein planting a tree in Israel
Real Stories of Hadassah Life Changing Moments
Sarah Wetsman Davidson Tower
We weren't waiting for the future, we built it!
For more information click here
- Great Plains Region Chapters and Groups
- A list of our chapters and groups with contact information.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.