Welcome to the Great Plains Region
encompassing chapters and groups in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Teree Farbstein, President Great Plains Region-2015-2018
Pictures from the Regional Conference here.
October 22, 2014
Today was a very difficult day for our families in Israel, and we are feeling the pain to the depths of our hearts.
· After an alleged terrorist drove his car into a crowd at the Ammunition Hill Station of Jerusalem’s light rail this afternoon, six patients were rushed to our hospitals in Mount Scopus and Ein Kerem. An infant among them died shortly after arrival at Mount Scopus, while two adult males, who were slightly injured, were treated and may be released tonight. Three women treated at Ein Kerem are recovering from their injuries.
· Or Ben Yehuda, daughter of Pr. Dina Ben Yehuda, head of our Hematology Department at HMO was injured in an attack on the southern border with Gaza today. We are proud of her as she is the first woman officer in the IDF’s Women’s Fighting Unit. She is being treated at Hadassah Hospital, contrary to this yNet article, which will give you some deeper background:http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4583184,00.html
· I know that last week you all read about the conflict over transplant surgery at HMO. I am pleased to share that both a liver and a kidney have been successfully transplanted at Ein Kerem in the past few days and that the patients are doing well. I urge you to read all press about HMO with a discerning eye, knowing that I will be keeping you informed about what is to be believed and what is just bad reporting.
I leave for Jerusalem tonight and will keep you informed as things happen on the ground.
(Left to Right): Rita Shapiro, Terri Herman, Maxine Mirowitz, Debbie Minkoff, Kim Gollin, Marian Kaplan, Natalie Silverman, Nancy Zimmerman, Fred Safer, Shirley Friedman, Rena Safer, Linda Gavatin, Evie Levine, Gloria Spitzer, Helene Fox, Jean Friedman, Janet Leman, Linda Ehrensaft, Beth Mayer, Jenifer Blum, Carole Kerr, Elaine Lampert, Sherry Abramowitz, Teree Farbstein. Not pictured, Dale Marcus, Evelyn Lowenthal, Charles ZimmermanGreat Plains Region See NEW pictures here
Read the Letter from Marcie Nathan here
Click here to watch a brief video with the wonderful doctors and soldiers at HMO.
Congratulations to Hadassah Great Plains Region's New Slate of Officers 2015
Teree Farbstein President Elect
Janet Leman: Secretary
Sherry Abramowitz: Treasurer
Randy Heidenfelder: Vice-President
Wendy Huss: Vice-President
Carol Kerr: Vice-President
Rita Kramen: Vice-President
Elaine Lampert: Vice-President
Please plan to attend the installation of officers in Northbrook, IL. at the Renaissance Hotel: November 2, 2014
New Articles on Israel.
Read this Grant Application as a Word Document
Read this Grant Application as a PDF Documen
More information on the Region Grant Page
Pictures from Israel: At the Keeper of the Gate recognition pillars at the hospital.
Judy Eglash and husband Norb
Grant Application available now- please view it here
The National Hadassah Convention in Baltimore
At banquet, Great Plains Region Delegates
l. to r. Evie Levine, Beth Mayer, St. Louis; Kim Gollin, Wichita;
and Rita Shapiro, Region President
April 2013: Pictures from the regional Board Meeting here
Hadassah College student cited for her design - More here
Trees in Holyland Family Park will Preserve Memory of Children and Staff in Newtown, CT
The Hadassah family opened its heart to remember the victims of the recent Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy. Donations poured in- enough to plant 11 groves of trees.
National President Marcie Natan plants the first of thousands of trees donated to keep alive the memory of the murdered children and staff of Newtown, CT in the Hadassah Forest of the Beersheva River Park.
"The roots of this mulberry tree will hold the desert soil, produce fruit, and give shade to the families recently under fire who will enjoy the park. Trees are a Biblical symbol of life, and the saplings donated will bloom, grove after grove, in the memory of the children and the staff in Newtown," Natan said.
Marcie Natan and Barbara Goldstein planting a tree in Israel
Real Stories of Hadassah Life Changing Moments
Sarah Wetsman Davidson Tower
We weren't waiting for the future, we built it!
For more information click here
- Great Plains Region Chapters and Groups
- A list of our chapters and groups with contact information.
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!