Welcome to St Pete's Hadassah website!
The St. Petersburg Chapter of Hadassah is a diverse group of women who live in the greater St. Petersburg Area. With nearly 500 members and associates, we are a part of the 300,000 Hadassah volunteers around the world concerned with making our world a better place. Whether it is saving lives at the Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem; supporting a camp for our children through Young Judaea; educating ourselves about the world around us; or making friends and having fun, our chapter is unique and offers many programs and many volunteer opportunities. Hadassah St. Pete will get you connected with other women like you.
- Centennial Gala
- St Petersburg Chapter of Hadassah invites you to ourCentennial Gala“Make my eyes look to the future”…
Click here to make your Hadassah Donation on line.
Click here to make your Gala Reservation on line.
For more information: Contact Patricia Levinson (727) 258-8959 or email@example.com.Your tax deductible gift can be paid with a credit card on line, or with a check, stocks or Israel Bonds. To make a donation with Israel bonds, please contact Monica Digiovanni 727-430-6517Full payment is due by December 2012, except for gifts over $5,000 which may qualify for a multi-year payout.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.