Welcome to St Pete's Hadassah website!
The St. Petersburg Chapter of Hadassah is a diverse group of women who live in the greater St. Petersburg Area. With nearly 500 members and associates, we are a part of the 300,000 Hadassah volunteers around the world concerned with making our world a better place. Whether it is saving lives at the Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem; supporting a camp for our children through Young Judaea; educating ourselves about the world around us; or making friends and having fun, our chapter is unique and offers many programs and many volunteer opportunities. Hadassah St. Pete will get you connected with other women like you.
- Centennial Gala
- St Petersburg Chapter of Hadassah invites you to ourCentennial Gala“Make my eyes look to the future”…
Click here to make your Hadassah Donation on line.
Click here to make your Gala Reservation on line.
For more information: Contact Patricia Levinson (727) 258-8959 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Your tax deductible gift can be paid with a credit card on line, or with a check, stocks or Israel Bonds. To make a donation with Israel bonds, please contact Monica Digiovanni 727-430-6517Full payment is due by December 2012, except for gifts over $5,000 which may qualify for a multi-year payout.
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.