Our Annual Meeting on October 6, 2013. We thanked our President, Zandra Goldberg for her years of service, and welcomed incoming President Barb Scheinberg.
We were honored on October 17 with a visit by the dynamic Barbara Goldstein. 35 Hadassah members came to hear this extraordinary woman and they went away with thoughts of Jewish community, Jewish continuity and the Hadassah spirit that keeps us building, healing and ever looking for medical miracles.
- Fundraising Campaigns
- Through Hadassah, donors make a commitment to and to the Jewish people. With Hadassah, they touch hundreds of thousands of lives; not only Jews, but to all who are in need and for the betterment of humankind.
- Chapter Activities
- Learn more about ongoing activities in the Pittsburgh chapter.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.