Hadassah HVOS Home
Welcome to Hadassah Valley of the Sun! We hope you will take a few minutes to browse our website and learn about our chapter’s members, groups, events, projects in Israel, advocacy issues and more. If you’re not a member of Hadassah, we hope you’ll think about becoming one! We’d be proud to include you in our Chapter! If you have any questions or comments about anything you see (or don’t see) on this website, please email us at email@example.com or call our office at 480-998-1880.
Save the Date!
the Seder will be led by Rabbi Elana Kanter, and promises to be an afternoon filled with an inspiring program, good food, singing and sisterhood. Cost for the event will be $36 for members and $40 for non-members. Keep an eye out, as more detailed information will be sent out soon.
HVOS has joined Facebook! If you are active on Facebook you can join our community by liking our page: https://www.facebook.com/ HadassahHVOS. This page will be a means of communicating events, information and the fun we have. If you would like for an event, article
or other information to be featured on our Facebook page, please contact Shulamit Appel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Hadassah chapter has a variety of cards for all different occasions. Periodically we will showcase different cards for you to preview.
The High Holidays are approaching soon!
Currently Featured: Rosh Hashanah Cards
- Our Events
- We have several Chapter programs as well as community wide programs that we are sponsoring. Please join us for these exciting, stimulating and worthwhile programs.
- Cards & Certificates
- Our local Hadassah chapter has a variety of Hadassah Cards for all different occasions, as well as a fine selection of Hadassah and JNF Certificates.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.