Hadassah HVOS Home
Welcome to Hadassah Valley of the Sun! We hope you will take a few minutes to browse our website and learn about our chapter’s members, groups, events, projects in Israel, advocacy issues and more. If you’re not a member of Hadassah, we hope you’ll think about becoming one! We’d be proud to include you in our Chapter! If you have any questions or comments about anything you see (or don’t see) on this website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 480-998-1880.
Mahj Jongg Lessons
Cost: 6 lessons; $36 donation to Hadassah
The only thing you need is a 2014 card. If you are interested email Stacy Zimmerman at Stacyz11@yahoo.com.
Las Vegas, July 21-23, 2014, Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Keynote speaker for the Gala Opening Plenary on Monday, July 21, will be Randi Zuckerberg, digital media marketing whiz and inspiring. Other speakers include:
· Israeli author Ari Shavit
· Wall Street Journal's Bret Louis Stephens
· Journalist/professor Gil Troy
· Novelist Daniel Silva
· TV correspondent Jamie Gangel
- Live entertainment by ABBAFAB, a Las Vegas-style show and tribute to the music of ABBA
- Special guest appearance by a grateful Hadassah patient
Register for this dinner and more as part of your Convention registration. Already registered? That's OK, you can change your registration at any time by logging in.
HMO's Sarah Wetsman Davidson Hospital Tower in Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, is already home to the hospital's Neurosciences Center, and Departments of Cardiothoracics, Orthopedic and Vascular Surgery, and others. We need to finish equipping and furnishing the Tower. When you make a tax deductible $100 donation to the Tower Campaign, a beautiful sterling silver open heart necklace is your thank you gift. Donate today and receive your free necklace.
Check Us Out on Facebook!
HVOS has joined Facebook! If you are active on Facebook you can join our community by liking our page: https://www.facebook.com/ HadassahHVOS. This page will be a means of communicating events, information and the fun we have. If you would like for an event, article
or other information to be featured on our Facebook page, please contact Shulamit Appel at email@example.com.
Our Hadassah chapter has a variety of cards for all different occasions. Periodically we will showcase different cards for you to preview.
The High Holidays are approaching soon!
Currently Featured: Rosh Hashanah Cards
- Our Events
- We have several Chapter programs as well as community wide programs that we are sponsoring. Please join us for these exciting, stimulating and worthwhile programs.
- Cards & Certificates
- Our local Hadassah chapter has a variety of Hadassah Cards for all different occasions, as well as a fine selection of Hadassah and JNF Certificates.
- Hadassah Medical Organization and Berlin’s Charité University Hospital Sign Cooperation Agreement for Pediatrics and Neuroscience
- As academic institutions, the Hadassah University Medical Center and the Charité University Hospital of Berlin have agreed to work closely to advance teaching and research, with emphasis on pediatrics and the neurosciences.
- Educational Conference in Israel Marks World Down Syndrome Day
- As part of World Down Syndrome Day, about 100 people participated in a conference at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus on April 6, 2014, affording families of patients with Down syndrome from all over Israel an opportunity to meet with eminent specialists.
- Hadassah Heart Specialists Reveal Detrimental Effect of Thyroid Imbalance on Heart Failure Patients
- A study by the Hadassah Medical Organization's heart specialists has revealed that increased levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are correlated with "worse clinical outcome" in patients suffering from heart failure.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.