Welcome. We are proud to welcome you to the Upper Mid-Atlantic Region's website.
Our Region President, Janet Deixler, invites you to contact us by phone or by email at email@example.com so that you can learn more about Hadassah and how you can get involved.
Our region boasts chapters in New York State from Albany to Buffalo as well as parts of Pennsylvania with chapters in Scranton, State College, and Wilkes- Barre.
The Region Office is located in Albany, New York.
Upper Mid-Atlantic Region of Hadassah
Phone : 518-694-9941
- Fundraising Campaigns
- Hadassah's donors together with companies participating in Hadassah's Matching Gift Program have raised over $1 million for Hadassah's projects.
- Calendar of Events
- There are general meetings, book groups, education and fundraising events taking place in every corner of our region. Check here for special events taking place throughout the region.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.