Welcome to the Meira Chapter!
To everyone who joined us on October 24, 2011 for our Breast Cancer Awareness Gala!
Meira women are fun and fabulous!
This group of 20 and 30-somethings come from diverse backgrounds, from all across the US and Canada. Some are Young Judaea alums, others are from multi-generational Hadassah families - but ladies, this isn't your grandmother's Hadassah!
Meeting mostly on weeknights or the occasional weekend, these women get together for events as varied as our membership; pottery, painting, fashion shows, wealth management advising and a Tu B'shvat Seder to name just a few.
So… was Hadassah a household name?
If so, Meira is the chapter for you!
The Meira Chapter of Hadassah has social, community service and cultural/religious events which are geared to young women in the New York City area. The Chapter seeks to connect members to Hadassah and to each other.
Join our Facebook group: Meira Hadassah- NYC Region
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/MeiraHadassahNY
Click the EVENTS LINK HERE or on the left pane to find out what's going on!
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.