Welcome to the Northern New England Region of Hadassah
The Northern New England Region is comprised of nearly 6,000 members in three states Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, with a proud history that dates from the earliest years of Hadassah. In fact, several of our chapters were among the earliest in Hadassah history, chartering in 1915!Our newest chapter was chartered less than five years ago, and new groups are continually forming.
Our region is remarkable for its leaders and members, and enhanced by the passion, talents and commitment of bright, energetic and articulate women who span eight decades. There truly is something for everyone in the wide array of chapter and region program offerings.
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.