Welcome to the Northern New England Region of Hadassah
The Northern New England Region is comprised of nearly 6,000 members in three states Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, with a proud history that dates from the earliest years of Hadassah. In fact, several of our chapters were among the earliest in Hadassah history, chartering in 1915!Our newest chapter was chartered less than five years ago, and new groups are continually forming.
Our region is remarkable for its leaders and members, and enhanced by the passion, talents and commitment of bright, energetic and articulate women who span eight decades. There truly is something for everyone in the wide array of chapter and region program offerings.
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.