Welcome to the Upper MidAtlantic Region/Hadassah Capital District Chapter!
Do you want to know when our next meeting is? Do you want to know when you can help with an advocacy event? Go to Calendar of Events. Go to Our Events to find out about activities that we're sponsoring. We are here to help you. If you can think of other ways that we can help, please let us know.
Stay connected with both of your Hadassah Chapters, even if you change your address seasonally! Please contact Ilene Friedman with your seasonal information and let us know if you'd like to be contacted by the local unit at your winter residence! We will keep this information on file until you let us know about any changes.
Do you have comments about the website or photos or information to submit? Contact our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Hadassah Foundation Celebrates Graduation of Training for Orthodox Women
- Hadassah Foundation Director Rabbi Ellen Flax gave out the graduation certificates to the thirteen women who graduated from the joint training program for Haredi Early Childhood Education Counselors at the Hebrew University.
- Support Fair Pay for Women & Families
- Women make 77 cents to a man’s dollar and a single mother of two working full-time at minimum-wage is living nearly $4,000 below the federal poverty line. America’s women and families are worth more and they deserve better!
- As Knesset Weighs Official Celebration of Aliyah, One Olah Reflects on Emigration
- As the Knesset weighs a bill to recognize a day to celebrate making aliyah, one emigrant from Connecticut reflects on the journey that brought her to make aliyah.
- Building Bridges to Peace through Medicine
- The rationale for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel is based on generalities—many of them uninformed—about how different populations live, work, study, and co-exist in the region.