Welcome to the Upper MidAtlantic Region/Hadassah Capital District Chapter!
Do you want to know when our next meeting is? Do you want to know when you can help with an advocacy event? Go to Calendar of Events. Go to Our Events to find out about activities that we're sponsoring. We are here to help you. If you can think of other ways that we can help, please let us know.
Stay connected with both of your Hadassah Chapters, even if you change your address seasonally! Please contact Ilene Friedman with your seasonal information and let us know if you'd like to be contacted by the local unit at your winter residence! We will keep this information on file until you let us know about any changes.
Do you have comments about the website or photos or information to submit? Contact our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- US Cannabis Activist Meets Hadassah’s Cannabis Research Pioneer
- Cancer Survivor, Cannabis Activist, and Founder of the Beverly Hill Cannabis Club Cheryl Shuman recently visited Israel to meet with Cannabis Research Pioneer Prof. Raphael Mechoulam of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, whose work provided the basis for the medical community’s embrace of medical marijuana (cannabis). Ms. Shuman, who was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer many years ago, credits cannabis with bringing her back from the brink of death.
- Deep Sequencing Analysis Leads to Major Genetic Discoveries at Hadassah
- Using a deep sequencing analyzer, Prof. Orly Elpeleg, Director of the Hadassah Medical Organization’s Department of Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, and her colleagues have determined the sequence of millions of DNA fragments simultaneously--8,000 times the capacity of the former generation of DNA sequencing machines.
- First Neurology Patients Move in to Hadassah's Hospital Tower
- "Welcome! You are the first," Nira Kedar, head nurse of the the neurology department at Hadassah Medical Organization, said, with a huge smile, to Nachshon Halevy.