Welcome to the Baton Rouge Chapter of Hadassah!
In 2011, Hadassah hospitals began medical trials on a drug that may have been the first to CURE an ALS patient! National President Marcie Natan does the #ALSIceBucketChallenge and nominates the Hadassah Region and Big Chapter Presidents to do the same! With a donation to the ALS Association, we ask that you match your contribution to the innovative research at Hadassah's hospitals!
Join us for the “I Hate Mondays Girls Night Out Dutch Treat Date”
Monday, September 22, 2014 the girls of Hadassah are gathering at the Capital City Grill for a quick dinner and then head over to Manship Theatre to view Louisiana Voices of Women Theatre Company’s production of “La Bakair”. Tickets for the production can be purchased at WWW.ManshipTheatre.org/events.
R.S.V.P. for dinner with DeAnna Ernst by either calling or email: 225-926-7389 BatonRougeHadassah@gmail.com by September 15th.
Mark your calendars now for
“Dinner in the Sukkah, Under the Stars”
being held October 12, 2014 at the home of Liz Clubb. This is our big fundraiser for 2014, and we are planning a spectacular gourmet feast using recipes from the Jerusalem Cookbook. Publicity will go out shortly and tickets will be $36 per person. This is an event you won’t want to miss, and of course, plan to bring your spouse significant other and any other guests!
On the weekend of November 14th – 16th Hadassah is Co-sponsoring a Jewish Women’s Spirituality Retreat with Rabbi Yael Levy. This Woman’s only event will be a Woman’s weekend of Spirituality and Meditation, lead by Yael Levy, Rabbi at Mishkan Shalom in Philadelphia, recently named one of America’s most inspiring Rabbis by The Forward. Tickets are $36.
♥ We Won! ♥
We Rocked at National Convention!
100% Membership Goal & of 50% of our Fundraising Goal 2014!
Thank you to everyone who made this possible!
- Terror Attack Survivor Gives Birth to Baby Boy at Hadassah's Hospital
- Adi Hudja Peretz, who almost lost her life in a terror attack 13 years ago, has delivered a healthy baby boy at Hadassah's Hospital in Ein Kerem.
- Hadassah Surgeon Ahmed Eid Performs Life-Saving Surgery on Jerusalem Terror Victim
- Prof. Ahmed Eid, head of the Department of General Surgery at Hadassah Hospital-Mount Scopus, performed life-saving surgery on Chen Schwartz, the Israeli soldier who was shot twice at close range by a terrorist on a motor scooter in Jerusalem.
- Israeli Hero Treated at Hadassah's Hospital on Mount Scopus
- Israeli Prison Service Officer Ariel Twitto was on his way to pick up his children from nursery school camp after accompanying a prisoner to court when he and fellow officer, Elad Biton, heard someone shouting "Piguah!" (terror attack!).
- Wounded Paratrooper Prepares to Return Home from Hadassah
- Oron had been in a fire fight with a group of terrorists in Gaza when he felt something hit him, but he kept on fighting. It was only later that he noticed all the blood.
- Hadassah-Neurim Provides Refuge for Border Kibbutz
- For the last three weeks, Mali Yehoshafat and her four children have found refuge at Hadassah-Neurim. 125 kibbutz members—including all the children in this border agricultural commune are living in Hadassah’s Youth Village, near Netanya.
- Urge Congress to Affirm Support for Israel
- Israel once again finds itself in a time of crisis, forced to take military action to defend its citizens from indiscriminate rocket and mortar fire. Urge Congress to affirm its unwavering, bipartisan support for Israel’s sovereignty and security, and pass the United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act!